- 21 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Since the range of the binding is 6 to 14 (hence the name), just set them to 7.5.
While, all other things being equal, I might choose a binding where my setting is in the middle:
- I wouldn't go out and buy a whole new pair of bindings solely for that purpose.
- 7.5 isn't that close to the "end" of the range.
- I'm not sure the Neox bindings will mount to the plate on those skis, though I don't really know. In any event, you know the 614s work.
- There are some Atomic bindings which break, and it's possible those are among them. Generally speaking, it is my impression that the ones that break are the ones whose plastic shells are mostly colored, not the ones whose plastic shells are mostly black, with shiny colored inserts.
- I have no idea whether 7.5 is the appropriate setting for you, but at least it doesn't sound obviously wrong.
1998-2002 models. listed below.
The recall affects the heel components of the following Atomic alpine ski bindings: Race 310, Race 412, RaceRace 310, RaceRace 412, Xentrix 310, Xentrix 311, Xentrix 412, C310, C311, C412, CR 310, CR 412, R 310, R 412, SX 310, SX 412, Device 311, Device 412, Centro 310, Centro 412, and Dynamic ADX 312, RD10, X412, Centro 412. The recall includes only those bindings manufactured from 1998 through 2002 The year of manufacture can be located on the underside of the heel lever
DON'T change your bindings just so you are in the middle of the range. That is completely silly. The binding gives a range that has been tested and been found to be safe, otherwise you wouldn't have the option.
These are really nice bindings. I have destroyed a heel piece like described above and its the 2nd picture. Just replace them if it happens to you -- unlikely.
Be patient and ask around. Someone on this board might very easily have a part in the back of the shop.
Try also the "Wanted and PSA for gear" forum.
I have one, but its for the binding i broke the heel on... I was hoping someday perhaps atomic would recall it and would get my money back on it. Some shop should have it or be able to order it for oyu maybe. But if not, I might be willing to sell. its just a cheap piece of plastic.
Sadly I'm located in Europe, Romania, I don't know if it's possible to send the part here, or if it's worth it, but thanks for your offer.
I didn't find one on our forums neither, so I'll have to make one myself :P