blizzard sport 14 at 185cm, still have them hanging on the wall
- categoryAlpine Skistagged by System, 11/23/09
Related Forum Threads
- What's the widest ski in your quiver? Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
- What's a good ski for exams? Last post on 4/8/13 at 12:44pm in General Skiing Discussion
- The East Coast Tree Ski Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:01pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Question re: Ski Sizing Last post on 2/21/13 at 5:00pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Demo Skis Tested as SIA, 2014 models, super quick reviews Last post on 1/2/14 at 8:38am in Member Gear Reviews
Five Key Questions When Buying New Skis
Last edited: 9/7/12
- How to Find the Best Deals on SkisLast edited: 3/20/13
- Do You Know The Environmental Impact Of Your SkisLast edited: 4/26/11
- Choosing A Ski LengthLast edited: 12/6/12
- Exercises For Pre Season Ski TrainingLast edited: 9/14/12
I am 5 7", 154 lbs and an advanced skier (double blacks). Tried the Head Rev 98 170 cm on a demo day in Whistler in spring conditions and loved them. Found them to be light feeling,...
I bought perhaps the last one on the planet. It is a fantastic jacket. Just arrived today and !@#$!#% it is too big. It fits, but ideally I need a Medium and there are no Daltons in this...
Tester Info: Trekchick Age: 47 Glove/Mitten size: 7(Hestra) M (Kombi) Product Tested: Fired Up Women's Heated Glove Size Tested: Women's Large Conditions of Test: Variety of...
My first run on these was the last day of skiing at Copper Mountain in 2013... 14 inches new...down snow covered bumps on Far East. Really liked how easy it was to engage a turn...how...
the resort was open for 99 days of skiing this season.
What Were Your First Brand New Skis? - Page 6
Poll Results: Select the Brand of Your First New Pair of SkisPoll expired: Mar 1, 2010
146 Total Votespost #151 of 1813/26/12 at 5:14pmpost #152 of 1813/26/12 at 5:46pmpost #153 of 1813/27/12 at 10:41am
4% (7)Hart (er umm hart)
29% (43)Other, sorry only room for 9 and other here.
OMG - My first skis were the exact same set up purchased from the same place! My mom bought them for us for our first Christmas when we moved out to the Bellevue area from Kansas in 1963. I had double lace-up boots but don't remember the brand. The first boots I do remember buying were my super fantastic Munari 5-buckle leather boots.
Quote:Originally Posted by Atomicman
Red Cortina wood skis. Bought them at a Department store called Valu-mart. they had screwed-in segmented edges and some kind of plastic base. Mounted with A & T Cable bindings (You Notched the boot toe to interface with the toe piece) and maybe a Koflach or Rieker Double lace up boot.
Then bought a pair of Brand new metal Gresvig Mustangs. Maybe Salomon 505 step-in Bindings Broke the tip on those. either moved up to Koflach Gold Star, Double boot (Inner lace outer Buckle
Then bought a pair of brand new 210 Hart Javelin Giant Slaloms with I beleive Salomon 525's. I believe I may of benn in Humanic Dynafit 6 Buckleby then.post #154 of 1813/27/12 at 2:01pm
From |Santa in Christmas 1963 - Truline Gordie Howe Innsbruck skis with screw-in metal edges and a painted base. Double lace up leather boots with notched toes for the toe-only release bindings (non-release cable heels). Truline was the model of sporting equipment made for and only sold at the Eaton's department store chain in Canada.post #155 of 1813/28/12 at 11:04ampost #156 of 1813/28/12 at 11:11ampost #157 of 1813/30/12 at 9:24am
Silver and Red Northland Glass SkiLark, some kind of marker/tyrolia binding branded by Northland. Bought them at a hardware store. My brother borrowed them and broke the tip off, so I sawed them in half and learned that the "Glass" was about 1 inch wide, pretty much a straight up laminate ski with screwed on edges, but at least it didn't have cable bindings!post #158 of 18112/27/12 at 11:49am
Kneissl MC 195cm with LOOK N17 in 1972 or 1973 I think. Prior to that was whatever looked good (rossi strato, strato 102, hart javelin, head killy, various northland, fischer and blizzard) at the right length +/- and for the right price at the Kirtland AFB thrift shop.post #159 of 18112/27/12 at 6:36pmpost #160 of 18112/28/12 at 10:14ampost #161 of 18112/29/12 at 8:00am
Somewhere around 1987-88 I believe, I bought a pair of Atomic Arc "Micronic" in a 200 with Saloman 747 bindings. Turns out they they were too long for me(5' 8" 150ib) after only skiing 5 days
post #162 of 18112/29/12 at 9:27am
Circa 1975, Olin MK IV the orange 2x4's. My Orange Hanson boots matched just right, although I hated carrying a can of silicone spray along which was required to get your feet in the rubber liners.
post #163 of 18112/29/12 at 11:21am
I don't remember who made my first pair of skies, The bindings were much like the ones in the picture I high jacked (thanks) all the way to the left, yes the red ones. Mine were white and the edges were screwed on. I can remember my mom pulling me down the street, I bet she regretted that later.post #164 of 18112/29/12 at 3:11pm
I learned to ski on a pair of Dynastar Medalists back in the 70s. They were a Christmas gift -- my Mom/Dad kept them under their bed until Christmas but I kept pulling them out to admire them.post #165 of 18112/30/12 at 3:34pmpost #166 of 18112/30/12 at 5:45pm
1970 Fischer Alu's in 195 with Look Nevada, Gran Prix toes and heels with "new fangled" Tee shaped woven nylon safety straps instead of long thongs. Paired with Lange Pro (red liner) boots.post #167 of 18112/31/12 at 7:27am
K2 J-two 160 cm with Gerscht plate bindings. It was 1974 and I had broken my leg the previous season so my dad insisted on the" safest bindings" we could find. I don't think I've ever seen another pair of Gerscht binders.post #168 of 18112/31/12 at 9:56ampost #169 of 1811/1/13 at 9:15am
Volkl Zebra complete with black white zebra graphics, red sidewalls, green bases. Nothing compared at that time.
Marker Simplex Toe - Rotomat Heel - not only had to notch your boot toe to use the terrible binding, if you had a full heel release in deep snow you had to remove your glove to pick out the snow from the mechanism and then reinsert and snap back in the heel spring. Insane!post #170 of 1811/3/13 at 10:51ampost #171 of 1811/3/13 at 2:03pmpost #172 of 1811/3/13 at 2:26pm
Kastle RX national Team SL 185 as 14y old ... And i just bought a New pair of RX12's ;-)
Since then Volkl 9s 205 graded tail, Volkl Racecarver 198, Dynastar Powertrack 186, Stockli Stormrider XL 184 and Stockli LaserGS 171 (looking forward to compare the RX12 w the LaserGS)post #173 of 1811/8/13 at 12:53am
Fischer superglass 178 that I had the local ski shop put on some used safe bindings. Its my birthday today and I'm going to try and ski the hell out of them at Copper. It will be fun and praise to our forefathers who ripped it down the mountain on old skis, especially my dad that taught me to ski and bought me those fischers at a garage sale when I was a kid. He was 5' 5" and skiied 200 something's kniesel's that weighed 200 pounds. I'm a true believer in skiing whatever, whenever. The main thing is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Everyone be safe and ski the best snow you can!!!!!post #174 of 1811/8/13 at 3:08am
When I was growing up everyone wanted Rossignol, but my family frequented a store owned by an eccentric Swiss guy who carried less-known (at least in US) brands. My first three pairs of skis were Authier, Kneissl and Dynamic. Maybe that's why I still never want the skis everyone else has.post #175 of 1811/8/13 at 7:48am
I had the first model of Kaestle metal GS skis. Red top sheet, with longtitudinal stripes and a crest of award emblems up toward the tip. The base was Kofix, yellow, with red bands on the edges, covering the edge screws. They had lots of metal and wood core, sidewalls, about 200cm length. Set up with Marker cable bindings. They were absolutely beautiful and I was proud to be on them at 14 years old in Germany in the early sixties.post #176 of 1811/8/13 at 3:20pmpost #177 of 1811/9/13 at 4:53amQuote:
Same here and I broke 3 Northlands the first year but that was around 1969. Of course I had myself Kryo- frozen during the summer months so I have hardly aged at all since then. My post, my story!post #178 of 1811/9/13 at 6:10pmpost #179 of 1811/9/13 at 6:15pm
- What Were Your First Brand New Skis?
- How to Find the Best Deals on Skis
- › The Endangered Stretch Pants 59 seconds ago
- › I now know why there is western Bias towards skinny skis. 2 minutes ago
- › Please rate my stance in this picture 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Eastern All Mountain Ski 19 minutes ago
- › January 2015 Ski Trip in NA...Where should I go? 21 minutes ago
- › Park skis for my teenager racer 21 minutes ago
- › When to wax? 29 minutes ago
- › Length recommendation, Line Influence 115 33 minutes ago
- › Insane. 35 minutes ago
- › ski boots on plane flights 37 minutes ago
- › Head 2014 Rev 98 by dbqu
- › 2012 Powderhorn Dalton Jkt by borderland
- › Fired Up Extreme Gear Women's Heated Glove by Trekchick
- › 2012 K2 ObSETHed by skiman19
- › Mad River Mountain by levy1
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 105 Ski by Fritzski
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 98 Ski by Fritzski
- › 2014 Salomon Quest Q 90 Ski by Fritzski
- › Taos Ski Valley by dr4GS
- › Snowbird by dr4GS
- › Professional Ski Instructors: Mixing Fun With... by ERVTravelIns
- › Ways To Stay Ski Fit by ERVTravelIns
- › Picture Frame Drill by TheRusty
- › Tug of War Drill by TheRusty
- › Vibration Damping and Skis by SandwichTech
- › Learning To Ski As An Adult by ERVTravelIns
- › When did Ski Reality become Irrelevant? by Fritzski
- › 10 Cool Ski & Snowboard Kickstarter Projects by ERVTravelIns
- › Want to Win Free Stuff? Answer our Community... by skiessentials
- › Snowboarding or Skiing – Which is... by ERVTravelIns