EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › WTB ATOMIC RACE OR SX BINDINGS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTB ATOMIC RACE OR SX BINDINGS

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

I bought a used pair of Atomic SL 11s sans bindings recently and so am looking for a a pair of compatible bindings. I believe these would be race 614s or Sx 614s etc.

post #2 of 19
I may be able to get you some SX614s that have never been mounted.  Have to check with my brother in law.  I'll let you know.
post #3 of 19
I have 3 different pairs of Atomic 1018 bindings all in excellent shape.
For more information please check out www.usedraceskis.com


1) Atomic 1018 Bindings $130
Atomic1018_1

2) Atomic 1018 Bindings $160



3) Atomic 1018 Bindings $160


Edited by ryanpraski - 11/27/09 at 12:26pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohansson View Post

I may be able to get you some SX614s that have never been mounted.  Have to check with my brother in law.  I'll let you know.


My brother in law is in Mexico at the moment.  He should be back this weekend and let me know then.  If he still has them, I'll sell them for what I paid + shipping...$130.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Thanks but I think these binding Dins are too high for my wife for whom these are intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanpraski View Post

I have 3 different pairs of Atomic 1018 bindings all in excellent shape.
For more information please check out www.usedraceskis.com


1) Atomic 1018 Bindings $130
Atomic1018_1

2) Atomic 1018 Bindings $160



3) Atomic 1018 Bindings $160


 
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Thanks but I think these binding Dins are too high for my wife for whom these are intended.

I think you're probably right.

Just wanted to note that - particularly in light of what you just said:

The 412 binding (SX or race, or even the plain old-style Xentrix) will also work, and actually probably puts her closer to the center of of the DIN range.

I think the 310 would also work, though I don't believe I've actually ever come into physical contact with that model myself.

While the SX and race are (I believe) identical, save for color and cosmetics, the standard Xentrix has a different AFD (and maybe brake, too, at least slightly). As a result it stands a little higher, and would exceed FIS standheight on top of a race plate. Whether that matters, or might even be a good thing, I don't know.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
I'm not familiar with the Xentrix but increased stand height is not a problem. 412 bindings would be fine. She certainly doesn't need a Din higher than 12. I'm pretty certain you're right about Race and SX bindings being the same. I have a pair of SX bindings I bought from Cupolos mounted on a pair of Atomic GS skis and they fit the mounting pattern just fine.

Surely someone out there has a pair of Atomic bindings they don't need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjohnston View Post



I think you're probably right.

Just wanted to note that - particularly in light of what you just said:

The 412 binding (SX or race, or even the plain old-style Xentrix) will also work, and actually probably puts her closer to the center of of the DIN range.

I think the 310 would also work, though I don't believe I've actually ever come into physical contact with that model myself.

While the SX and race are (I believe) identical, save for color and cosmetics, the standard Xentrix has a different AFD (and maybe brake, too, at least slightly). As a result it stands a little higher, and would exceed FIS standheight on top of a race plate. Whether that matters, or might even be a good thing, I don't know.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisin View Post

I'm not familiar with the Xentrix but increased stand height is not a problem. 412 bindings would be fine. She certainly doesn't need a Din higher than 12. I'm pretty certain you're right about Race and SX bindings being the same. I have a pair of SX bindings I bought from Cupolos mounted on a pair of Atomic GS skis and they fit the mounting pattern just fine.

Surely someone out there has a pair of Atomic bindings they don't need?

 



 

The mount pattern is the same on all, Race, SX, CR , Xentix etc.   i actually thought the SX had the increased stand height as well but never checked one.  The CR and Xentrix, the 2 other variants i have come across are slightly higher .  the extra height comes from the mounting plates which basically have a thicker plastic layer below them compared to teh race.  they often have a wider brake as well.  IIRC the difference is only around 4mm.  I have used them quite happily on race skis and not noticed any difference.  the actual bindings can be mounted on any of the base plates - i guess you could play about to change ramp angles as well?!  Oisin, I know I have a couple of pairs lying but (like the markers!) I need to do a stock take and work out what i am using as i have a few pairs to mount up.  Will shoot you a PM if any are surplus.  You might want to PM JayPowHound - he had a set available before, don't know if he got rid of tehm or not
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Bump

Still looking for a pair of atomic bindings. Race, SX, CR, Xentrix (see above) evidently will fit. I can't use a very high Din binding like the 1018, unfortunately.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oisin View Post

Bump

Still looking for a pair of atomic bindings. Race, SX, CR, Xentrix (see above) evidently will fit. I can't use a very high Din binding like the 1018, unfortunately.

I might have some 6.14's laying around here. One advantage of the 6.14 is it has  more vario-zone position and it was never involved in the Atomic heelpiece recall! I'll look and get back to ya!
post #11 of 19
Yep! I got 'em!

Black & Yellow Race 6.14.  $100 + shipping and they're yours!
Edited by Atomicman - 12/16/09 at 7:51am
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman View Post

Yep! I got 'em!

Black & Yellow Race 6.14.  $100 + shipping and they're yours!

Sounds perfect! Email sent.
post #13 of 19
I have some near mint black and red 614s I would sell for the same if anyone is interested.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman View Post

Yep! I got 'em!

Black & Yellow Race 6.14.  $100 + shipping and they're yours!

SOLD!!!
post #15 of 19
The sale on my black/red 614s fell through.  If anyone needs a set I will sell them for $100 shipped.
post #16 of 19

@ BigLineSeeker

 

Do you still have the bindings?  I am interested.

post #17 of 19
discfor1. If Bigline seeker does not have them I can do you a dela on a black/yellow or black/silver pair at the same price.  These rae getting a lot harder to find these days!
post #18 of 19
Sorry guys, not on here as much lately, mine are sold.
post #19 of 19
I'm looking for Race 614's or 1018's......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Gear Swap - Buy & Sell Gear › WTB ATOMIC RACE OR SX BINDINGS