- 16,230 Posts. Joined 1/2000
- Location: about 85% of the time now at Steamboat.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Lessons from ESA Snowmass Last post on 2/10/11 at 6:48pm in Epicski Academy
- ESA AspenSnowmass 2011 Last post on 12/2/11 at 10:44am in Epicski Academy
- EpicSki Academy 2010/2011 Registration is OPEN Last post on 11/30/10 at 6:29am in Epicski Academy
- The 2016 Aspen Gathering - An Intermediate Skier's First Gathering Last post on 2/11/16 at 9:32pm in Trip Reports
- 2016 Aspen Gathering Trip Report Last post on 2/21/16 at 6:53pm in Trip Reports
Colorado Road Trip Recap
Last edited: 8/29/15
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/17/16
- Aspen Highlands, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 8/29/15
- Aspen Mountain, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 8/12/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Anyone around to ski ASPEN with January 14-16?post #1 of 3411/16/09 at 7:42amThread StarterI will be there skiing alone so if anyone doesn't mind me tagging along, please let me know.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3411/16/09 at 8:46ampost #3 of 3411/16/09 at 10:19amThread Starterpost #4 of 3411/16/09 at 10:21ampost #5 of 3411/16/09 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #6 of 3411/16/09 at 11:02ampost #7 of 3411/16/09 at 12:47pmThread Starterpost #8 of 3411/16/09 at 4:40pmpost #9 of 3411/17/09 at 5:36amThread StarterI don't know what you mean? Can you drink a Krypton? Is that a tequila-based drink?post #10 of 3411/17/09 at 6:29ampost #11 of 3411/17/09 at 6:34amThread Starterpost #12 of 3411/24/09 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #13 of 3411/24/09 at 1:33pmpost #14 of 3411/24/09 at 6:13pmpost #15 of 3411/25/09 at 5:56amI have to move west so I get more ski days in. I'm like so jealous of you all. Wounder if work has a relocation package and if I can talk them into "why as a company you would be so much better of with me in the Denver area"
Ill get to work on it this week. You all have a great ski day or two and happy Turkey Daypost #16 of 3411/25/09 at 7:37amThread Starterpost #17 of 3411/25/09 at 10:58am
I'll be there through January 16. If you think you can handle some of the more treacherous slopes like Dawdler, Scooper and Fanny Hill, feel free to join me. Sometimes I even remove the strap from my ski tips...that's right...we're talking parallel skiing!
PS. Don't you think January 10, 2010 should have been here by now? What's taking so long?!!!post #18 of 3412/1/09 at 3:09amThread Starterblandy, I never turn down the opportunity to shake the hand and have a drink with a gentleman or lady from the distinguished city of Nawrlins.... Sounds good.post #19 of 3412/1/09 at 4:27ampost #20 of 3412/1/09 at 7:31amThread Starterpost #21 of 3412/1/09 at 9:33ampost #22 of 3412/3/09 at 11:15amTC,
Yep. Clay is skiing through the 16th as are my brother, rayl1964 and his son Nic.
Looking forward to it! The first drink is on me and if the Saints are 16-0 when we meet, so is the next one...and the next one...and the next one...and.......
and you got da spellin right - Nawrlins!post #23 of 3412/3/09 at 11:33amThread Starterpost #24 of 3412/3/09 at 12:14pm
Finny if ya gonna have a few runs and beers with da fellow 'aints, I just might have to stay a day longer! BTW, Blandry and brother Ray, along with GWskier are fantastic guys, you'll love em! Yall got room for one more? Love to hook up with you guys after ESA!post #25 of 3412/3/09 at 12:21pmQuote:
Finndog is so from Nawrlins he skis with a bag over his head, a real "ain't"
I met him under similar circumstances 2 years ago in Jackson. Life's not been boring since. Leave him healthy, we have serious work ( and more than a few brewski's ) to do the following week back in JH!post #26 of 3412/3/09 at 12:39pmpost #27 of 3412/3/09 at 12:59pmpost #28 of 3412/3/09 at 1:26pmQuote:
Outnumbered maybe, outskied, never!
Whenever my brother and I stop after 5 or 6 turns, we tell the kids that we are discussing technique.
I think they've caught on though, they can probably hear our breathing over avalanche control.post #29 of 3412/3/09 at 2:10pmQuote:
I promise ya one ting....with this group ya will never ever have so much fun skiing, laughing,eatin' and drinkin'...all at the same time. Besides you and Finny are the best skiers out of all of us! You two can lead! Ca c'est bon, sha!post #30 of 3412/3/09 at 3:15pmI will be in Aspen the first week of February if anyone is still around and/or local. Never been there before, so would love a tour around snowmass/highlands, etc!
- Anyone around to ski ASPEN with January 14-16?
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 49 seconds ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 14 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 18 minutes ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 34 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 34 minutes ago
- › Salomom Xmax 120 vs, Xwave 8.0 36 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 44 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 47 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 57 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 58 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer