EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › License Plates for New Ski Car in NY State
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

License Plates for New Ski Car in NY State

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I got this problem.  I live in NY state because well because it pays the bills and I got great neighbors.  Unfortunately NY State evidently has a  Governor that has extremely  poor tasts in what looks cool on automobiles. 

Now don't laugh but our Governor wants us to put this new designed license plate on our brand new Subaru before heading out to the slopes.  AHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Other states won't even allow me to cross  their borders with ugly license plates like this one.



Of course what I really want on my mode of transportation is this very cool looking license plate.  How do I get one of these and not one of those. 

post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

 Unfortunately NY State evidently has a  Governor that has extremely  poor tasts in what looks cool on automobiles. 

Isn't he blind?
post #3 of 8
Move to Wyoming and buy a truck.  Sell the Subaru first, though.  No one will want that in Wyoming.
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchester81 View Post




Isn't he blind?

Trying to be Politicaly Correct.  But yeah pretty much. 

To bad I can't register my Subaru in Wyoming and still live in NY State.  

What is it about pick up trucks in Wyoming anyway.   Subaru's are pretty popular around here in updstate NY. 
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskills View Post

I got this problem.  I live in NY state because well because it pays the bills and I got great neighbors.  Unfortunately NY State evidently has a  Governor that has extremely  poor tasts in what looks cool on automobiles. 

Now don't laugh but our Governor wants us to put this new designed license plate on our brand new Subaru before heading out to the slopes.  AHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Other states won't even allow me to cross  their borders with ugly license plates like this one.


 

How long have you lived in NY? Those are like NFL throwback plates. The white ones still look strange to me.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post

How long have you lived in NY? Those are like NFL throwback plates. The white ones still look strange to me.
Lets just say I can remember helping my dad screw on the new year on the bottom right of the plate.

post #7 of 8
 So nothing new then. Of course the throwbacks never look quite like the originals, do they? I'd be pissed about tose plates just because they are such a blatant money grab. Your governor sucks.
post #8 of 8
Nice old plate catskills.

The new plates serve no purpose other than revenue generation. I read an article that said they expect to collect tens of millions from this scam.

Se we get to pay another fee for the pleasure of getting a plate that looks like my 7 year old chose the colors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › License Plates for New Ski Car in NY State