or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sprained Ankle

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
OK folks preseason prang on the right ankle. I realize that waking up everyday it will be stiff. But, one day it's great jump right up and go to the gym with out issue. Another day it's so painful walking down stairs. I haven't been running on it, just elliptical so no impact. But, this up and down thing is making me nuts. Any suggestions?
post #2 of 12
 Just crushed  my  left foot between my dirt bike and a  tree, swelled up like a balloon,  three broken bones.

Hopefully that makes  your ankle feel better?!
post #3 of 12
Quote:
To the OP............any suggestions?
  • give it time
  • Get used to it....some day your whole body will have "get up and go" days and "not so get up and go" days
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud heishman View Post

 Just crushed  my  left foot between my dirt bike and a  tree, swelled up like a balloon,  three broken bones.

Hopefully that makes  your ankle feel better?!
Holy Crap Bud!  What's up with you and two wheel travesties this year?
If it makes you feel better, here's a pic of Terry's foot/ankle after he smashed his foot between his dirtbike and a stump.
The two distinct lines are the screws that are in place to keep the Tib rod in place from a broken leg.  We think the screws held a possible broken ankle in place.....
Assuming this because "tough guy" wouldn't go to the doc.



 
post #4 of 12
get him to some x-rays trekchick; I see enough of these turn into degen joint problems later on in life if there is a possible break and it doesn't heal up in a properly reduced manner; the tib rod won't do anything to prevent chip or transverse fx of the lateral malleolus which is prob the mechanism of break if there was a direct hit to that area....
post #5 of 12
 bigski:
on the days your ankle hurts:
stairs remember; the good go to heaven, the bad go to hell: good leg first up when climbing stairs, bad leg first down when descending- (with the assumption you're using one or two handrails for support).  Also get to a PT to have some joint mobilization done; it may hurt like heck in the short term but probably prevent a long rehab time... 
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by makwendo99 View Post

get him to some x-rays trekchick; I see enough of these turn into degen joint problems later on in life if there is a possible break and it doesn't heal up in a properly reduced manner; the tib rod won't do anything to prevent chip or transverse fx of the lateral malleolus which is prob the mechanism of break if there was a direct hit to that area....

Get him to some xrays? 
You say that as if I have any say in the matter.

This pic was taken two years ago, and he never had it treated.  He won't say(tough guy) but I think it bothers him from time to time.

bigSki, you have some good advice from makwendo....good vibes toward your recover. 
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post


  • give it time
  • Get used to it....some day your whole body will have "get up and go" days and "not so get up and go" days
Holy Crap Bud!  What's up with you and two wheel travesties this year?
If it makes you feel better, here's a pic of Terry's foot/ankle after he smashed his foot between his dirtbike and a stump.
The two distinct lines are the screws that are in place to keep the Tib rod in place from a broken leg.  We think the screws held a possible broken ankle in place.....
Assuming this because "tough guy" wouldn't go to the doc.



 

OK I'm schooled, I will just SHUT UP! LMAO! Silly old cow whinning! LOLOLOL
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thank you I will, I never heard of the "heaven and hell", but it makes sense. I will call for some PT today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makwendo99 View Post

 bigski:
on the days your ankle hurts:
stairs remember; the good go to heaven, the bad go to hell: good leg first up when climbing stairs, bad leg first down when descending- (with the assumption you're using one or two handrails for support).  Also get to a PT to have some joint mobilization done; it may hurt like heck in the short term but probably prevent a long rehab time... 
 
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Thanks sweet girl!
post #10 of 12
That ankle looks NASTY. I have trashed my right ankle several times. It will never be the same. However the times that it feels the best are when it is in a ski boot or a hockey skate. Its when it comes out that sucks.
post #11 of 12
Nah, you don't have to shut up.  That was just a proper welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki6969 View Post




OK I'm schooled, I will just SHUT UP! LMAO! Silly old cow whinning! LOLOLOL

Hope to see you out there some time
post #12 of 12
Bud;

What kind of bike are you riding?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: