Here are some details
1. We're 3 middle class people, can't afford the big money places, but don't want a dorm. Also they aren't hardcore skiers who will ski all day and basically come in to sleep and then start up in the morning at start. We'll be looking for something to do besides skiing a couple of nights, like drinking--we're from Wisconsin after all. We don't do dance clubs; a bar is fine.
2. My friends are beginner skiers but I was at Alta last year and know they would enjoy skiing there. I am a novice with a little experience and ski blues mostly.
3. We'd be staying a week (Monday - Monday) so could possibly split it up to maybe Park City and Alta.
4. We can ski during the week when there aren't as many crowds.
5. We'd need a rental car if we stay outside of the mountain, are shuttles from the airport a good option?
I've been to Keystone CO, Copper Mountain, Solitude UT, and Alta. I've never been to Taos, Aspen, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Breckenridge. I'm looking for suggestions from people who've had good and bad experiences and found good values and fun. If anyone can contribute a few moments to give me some advice, I would be happy to buy you a beer if I ever meet you out there. I'm sure there are about 500 topics like this one right now so if the administrator wants to delete this thread I will understand.
Can you do this for ~$600 + airfare?
Edited by mikeg19_82 - 11/1/09 at 9:36pm