New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Spots on edges

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
 So I just took my skis out form summer storage and was removing the wax I put on for storage and noticed that my edges have some very light brown spots on them. They look on the light side to be rust and I stored them in warm dry place but I guess it could be. Is it possible the wax caused some discoloration? I used a red wax.
post #2 of 10
Could be rust, could be stains.  After scraping your storage wax take a fine grit diamond stone in an edge guide and run it over your edges a couple times to see if the spots polish out.  Or see if you can gently rub them out with a pass or two of a soft or medium gummy stone.  I bet if you don't worry about it, you will ski those off your first day on the piste.

-Z
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohan View Post

Could be rust, could be stains.  After scraping your storage wax take a fine grit diamond stone in an edge guide and run it over your edges a couple times to see if the spots polish out.  Or see if you can gently rub them out with a pass or two of a soft or medium gummy stone.  I bet if you don't worry about it, you will ski those off your first day on the piste.

-Z
 
Last year when I took mine out of storage I had rust.  And no, I could not ski it off.
post #4 of 10
If you don't have a gummi stone, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (aka foamed melamine) from your local drug store will do the same job, about half as fast as a gummi.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastskier27 View Post

Last year when I took mine out of storage I had rust.  And no, I could not ski it off.
 

Then you were not skiing fast/hard enough. 

-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohan View Post

Could be rust, could be stains.  After scraping your storage wax take a fine grit diamond stone in an edge guide and run it over your edges a couple times to see if the spots polish out.  Or see if you can gently rub them out with a pass or two of a soft or medium gummy stone.  I bet if you don't worry about it, you will ski those off your first day on the piste.

-Z
post #6 of 10
 twice as fast or half as fast?
post #7 of 10
half.
post #8 of 10
 I used to do things fast, now I do them half fast.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiMangoJazz View Post

 I used to do things fast, now I do them half fast.

Ah.

Yes.  


I've been well trained and conditioned not to objectify and call them things?
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohan View Post




Then you were not skiing fast/hard enough. 

-Z



 
trust me... I was skiing fast enough.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs