- 16 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Park City Utah
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advise on Atomic GS D2 Non-FIS length Last post on 2/21/12 at 3:31pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic Redster 130 cuff alignment Last post on 9/1/16 at 8:12pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Women skiers, Atomic Blackeye, Head Super Joy? Last post on 2/18/16 at 8:22am in Ski Gear Discussion
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- Reports from SIA Copper: 95mm-The new hot category, Thumbnails Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:45pm in Member Gear Reviews
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Benny Raich and others on last year's Atomics? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw the "chameleon" D2 strip clearly on last year's SL skis on TV(HD coverage). I saw the Levi SL on Universal Sports and I'd swear that Raich and some others were on a non D2 skis. It could however be concealed by the CRAPPY VIDEO QUALITY on Universal Sports. I would have thought that Atomic would want the World to know that D2 was the way to go and put black decks on all the racing skis. In fact I'd expect them to paint black D2 strips on all non D2 skis in their racing inventory. Tell me again that in 2010 all the Atomic runners are on D2 equipped SL skis 'cause I'm not so sure.
It looked like Benny may have been on last years ski's for whatever reason. Plenty of other guys were on the D2 platform. Also, you can still buy the SL in non D2 platform as a lot of people felt the D2 SL was too damp without enough reaction in SL. It seems the only race ski from atomic that you can buy without D2 this year.
Check the race catelog here. http://www.vikingur.is/media/PDF/ATOMIC_RACE_20102011.pdf
Well personaly i am a fischer racer and i was talking to the nationwide rep. What he says is that pros keep the ski that they have been for years and that race skis predominantly do not change except for the looks. So what the main racers do is give fischer the ski and have them change the topsheet design which changes from year to year. I have not been keeping up with atomic lately but i wouldnt doubt that that is the case.
This really happens from time to time, but stories like those, that Eberharter DH skis are still circulating around WC are just that... stories ;) Skis get used, base gets burned, edges get too thin, FIS changes rules etc. etc. etc. So in reality, there's not really all that much of old skis still in use. But it happens from time to time, that year old skis get new topsheets. But even with this, there's too much problem. Even just changing top sheets makes ski different. So it's not same ski anymore, and with people who have chance to do this, they also have chance to get enough skis to pick out at least as good pair as old one was ;)
OR was he on a pair of these where the D2 deck is painted over (just asking)? You need to look pretty closely to even spot it.
Dang. I recorded the televised race in hi-def from Lake Louise last weekend, but I erased it already, otherwise I'd take a close look at Raich's skis.
Super G photos here. You can clearly see Benny not on D2 compared to other Atomic's in the photo's
- Benny Raich and others on last year's Atomics?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 10 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 41 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 4 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Colorado Winter Driving...is AWD enough? 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Painful, funny story 5 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 5 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer