- 16 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Park City Utah
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advise on Atomic GS D2 Non-FIS length Last post on 2/21/12 at 3:31pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic Vantage 100 cti Last post on 3/14/17 at 11:32am in Member Gear Reviews
- First skis for intermediate - Vantage 90 CTI, X 80 CTI and others [in northern Europe] Last post on 2/16/17 at 11:51am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 Last post on 12/23/16 at 11:25am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic Redster 130 cuff alignment Last post on 9/1/16 at 8:12pm in Ask the Boot Guys
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Benny Raich and others on last year's Atomics? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw the "chameleon" D2 strip clearly on last year's SL skis on TV(HD coverage). I saw the Levi SL on Universal Sports and I'd swear that Raich and some others were on a non D2 skis. It could however be concealed by the CRAPPY VIDEO QUALITY on Universal Sports. I would have thought that Atomic would want the World to know that D2 was the way to go and put black decks on all the racing skis. In fact I'd expect them to paint black D2 strips on all non D2 skis in their racing inventory. Tell me again that in 2010 all the Atomic runners are on D2 equipped SL skis 'cause I'm not so sure.
It looked like Benny may have been on last years ski's for whatever reason. Plenty of other guys were on the D2 platform. Also, you can still buy the SL in non D2 platform as a lot of people felt the D2 SL was too damp without enough reaction in SL. It seems the only race ski from atomic that you can buy without D2 this year.
Check the race catelog here. http://www.vikingur.is/media/PDF/ATOMIC_RACE_20102011.pdf
Well personaly i am a fischer racer and i was talking to the nationwide rep. What he says is that pros keep the ski that they have been for years and that race skis predominantly do not change except for the looks. So what the main racers do is give fischer the ski and have them change the topsheet design which changes from year to year. I have not been keeping up with atomic lately but i wouldnt doubt that that is the case.
This really happens from time to time, but stories like those, that Eberharter DH skis are still circulating around WC are just that... stories ;) Skis get used, base gets burned, edges get too thin, FIS changes rules etc. etc. etc. So in reality, there's not really all that much of old skis still in use. But it happens from time to time, that year old skis get new topsheets. But even with this, there's too much problem. Even just changing top sheets makes ski different. So it's not same ski anymore, and with people who have chance to do this, they also have chance to get enough skis to pick out at least as good pair as old one was ;)
OR was he on a pair of these where the D2 deck is painted over (just asking)? You need to look pretty closely to even spot it.
Dang. I recorded the televised race in hi-def from Lake Louise last weekend, but I erased it already, otherwise I'd take a close look at Raich's skis.
Super G photos here. You can clearly see Benny not on D2 compared to other Atomic's in the photo's
- Benny Raich and others on last year's Atomics?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › how to get into tree skiing 21 minutes ago
- › Is it me or the skis? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Best name for a run... 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › March 2017 Image of the Month Contest 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › 178CM SALOMON QST 118 W/ AXIAL2 120 4 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 4 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Ski Boots - size question 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Blizzard quattro rx 174 , like new condition 5 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview