or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › Phillies Phans,....tell me this....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phillies Phans,....tell me this.... - Page 2

post #31 of 41
The way that the Yanks dominated the AL playoffs while Philly seemed more tested along with the fact that we still have a good series going indicates to me that the NL, on average, is stronger than the AL.  But, the Yankess are currently head and shoulders above the rest of the AL.

Go Philies!  I don't really care who wins but would LOVE to see this go 7 games anyway.
post #32 of 41
Whoever would have thought 2 months ago that Pedro Martinez would be pitching the 6th game of the series for the Phils. Of all their staff, other than Cliff Lee, Pedro got the chops to deliver. His interviews are great and he's got one great game left.

Phil will party on all weekend.

Game 7 awaits the new Big Red Machine!
post #33 of 41
Congratulations all you Yankees fans out there.  Hopefully we can get a rematch next year.

Now that the last reminder of summer has ended, I'm definitely ready for ski season to start.
post #34 of 41
Thread Starter 
 I watched until the bitter end.  Both teams brought the game to the table, and the Yankees prevailed.

I agree Ski-3PO.......Rematch next year..........Unless my tigers are in it 

Next up, ski season!

post #35 of 41

Who would have thought it'd come to Damaso Marte getting big outs in October/November?

post #36 of 41
Well done and farewell to the 09 Phils. They defended their championship like champs. Yanks simply out-hit and out-pitched them.

Conclusion of the World Series is a milestone date on the way to ski season.
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Proof View Post

Well done and farewell to the 09 Phils. They defended their championship like champs. Yanks simply out-hit and out-pitched them.

Conclusion of the World Series is a milestone date on the way to ski season.
Phillies didn't loose, they got beat. Good series, Phils can hold their head high.
post #38 of 41
Yup, they took it to the Yankees and the Yankees held them off. No shame in that.
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

The way that the Yanks dominated the AL playoffs while Philly seemed more tested along with the fact that we still have a good series going indicates to me that the NL, on average, is stronger than the AL.  But, the Yankess are currently head and shoulders above the rest of the AL.

You're kidding, right? The Royals have a winning record against NL teams. If there's one thing they have in baseball, it's statistics and they pretty much all say that the AL is better then the NL.
post #40 of 41
I'm a lifetime Yankees fan and expected the bats to wake up. Especially at home where they set hr records. But, what supprised me the most was the way they handled the Angels. I was worried about them.

The key to this series was the bullpens and the DH. Were it not for the DH, Phillies might have won.
post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post




You're kidding, right? The Royals have a winning record against NL teams. If there's one thing they have in baseball, it's statistics and they pretty much all say that the AL is better then the NL.
 
True, but in the playoffs the Phillies looked better against the Yankees than the rest of the AL combined.  However, other NL teams gave the Philies more trouble than the Angels or Twins gave the Yanks.  That leads to indicate that there was more parity in October anyway.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › General Sports › Phillies Phans,....tell me this....