- itemSilverton Mountaintagged by System, 11/9/09
Related Forum Threads
- Early March Trip Destination? Last post on 2/18/16 at 7:37pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Silverton 2/14/16 Last post on 2/19/16 at 8:47pm in Trip Reports
- Good terrain with affordable lift ticket list Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:43pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Southwest Colorado Ski Safari -- Beta on Monarch, Wolf Creek, Purgatory, Silverton, Powderhorn. Last post on 10/16/15 at 8:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- Hidden gems and best kept secrets Last post on 11/1/13 at 7:46pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Top 5 Fridays - FIS Drone Ban, Discovery News, Crested Butte,...
Last edited: 1/8/16
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
If you do a search in this forum and Trip Reports you will find lots of information on Silverton Mountain. I suggest you start there and then post some specific questions. It is a spectacular place but requires a high level of fitness to really appreciate. It is also extremely funky compared to any other ski area, and they tend to greatly over hype it, so take what you find on their web site as self-promotion fluff to a great extent. For what it is, it is incredible, but it is probably not what you think it is.
How do you think it is for boarders?
What do you think in regards to doing guided vs unguided? If you do unguided are you needlessly risking yourself (not knowing the terrain)?
Here's my trip report from last year:
I don't think they allow unguided in January. The unguided time is later in the season. I think the main risk in unguided would be not finding your way to a pickup point at the bottom.
BigBruised - boarding should be great. You've got an advantage with the mandatory hiking.
- Silverton Anyone?
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 23 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 43 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 54 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Skiing Japan 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer