- 4,166 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Milan, Italy; Madesimo, Italy
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- R.I.P. Toni Sailer Last post on 9/4/09 at 4:18pm in Racing and Big Mountain Competitions
- One of the great ones Last post on 8/26/09 at 1:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
- May-June issue of Skiing History now online Last post on 6/8/16 at 9:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- First Skiing History Day at Whistler Last post on 2/29/16 at 8:15pm in General Skiing Discussion
- January-February issue of Skiing History is in the mail, with memorial to Stein Eriksen,... Last post on 1/21/16 at 11:45am in General Skiing Discussion
Hannes Schneider Father Of Modern Skiing
Last edited: 4/27/11
- EpicSki Interview with James NiehuesLast edited: 9/14/16
- ACL Injuries and Downhill Skiing: How to Prevent Them and Still be...Last edited: 11/16/15
- Ski Racing BasicsLast edited: 5/8/13
- Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The SkiLast edited: 2/8/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Not the Best Ever, But Almost - Page 2post #31 of 3810/19/09 at 12:19amThread StarterHey, is that the Olle Larsson of World Cup Ski Racing (with James Major) fame? My bible, back in the day...post #32 of 3810/19/09 at 5:39ampost #33 of 3810/19/09 at 7:09amQuote:
One and the same, yes. Great guy: excellent analyst of ski technique, still a great ski photographer, and a laugh you can hear a mile away.post #34 of 3810/19/09 at 11:28amThread StarterI had to throw my copy -- bought in Park City in 1981 I think -- away, as it had just become a collection of dog-eared pages rather than an actual book. But I learned to ski from it, no doubt.post #35 of 3810/21/09 at 4:18pmpost #36 of 3810/22/09 at 12:07amThread Starterpost #37 of 3811/27/09 at 6:18pmMy favorite quote about Hermann Maier was from his teammate Stephan Eberharter (who did not like the Austrian coaches or the Austrian system or all or his Austrian teammates) who had won the overall World Cup championship the year of the Nagano Olympics, when Hermann Maier had the inverted crash in the downhill going through two fences (pictured above) and came back to win gold a few days later in the Super G and a few days after that in GS.
Interviewer: "Who is the best skier in the world?"
Stephan Eberharter: "I am the best skier in the world. But Hermann Maier--he is from another planet."
P.S. For the record--Tomba didn't ski speed events. And Bode Miller rocked in slalom. And did things that no one else could ever do, including banking off the fence.
P.P.S. Phil Mahre totally rocks. He's my age (e.g., basically, old.) Three years ago, at the NASTAR nationals he was a pacesetter, and they were running a dual course. Current USST racer Kaylin Richardson (IIRC) fell in the course next to him, half a gate ahead, two gates from the finish, on the flats. He JUMPED OVER HER when she slid in front of him, at the end of the race. Coolest thing I've ever seen on skis, in person.post #38 of 3812/26/09 at 2:33pmI received this book as an Xmas present and it is well worth reading, despite the translation being a bit awkward at times. I had no idea that his accident was so horrific, I thought he "just" had a broken leg. Hermann wasn't that far from dying.Quote:Originally Posted by nolo
Here's an excellent book review of Maier's The Run of My Life (scroll down the page).
- Not the Best Ever, But Almost
- EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › Little Areas That Rock! 14 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 29 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 36 minutes ago
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Edges and Bases. Where to start ? This is 'approximatley'... 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Two new lifts at Powder Mountain? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer