EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Do I have to be a paying supporter to put a link in my signature??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do I have to be a paying supporter to put a link in my signature??

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
 Cuz if I don't, than I can't seem to figure out how to do it...
post #2 of 9
Links in signatures are a supporter privilege.
Commercial links need admin approval, mostly to protect the community from being spammed.
Thanks for asking. 
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
 Yea, I figured... Oh well
post #4 of 9
Didn't you win a pair of brand new skis last season?

Supporter status would be a small way to pay it forward.  
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post

Didn't you win a pair of brand new skis last season?

Supporter status would be a small way to pay it forward.  


Perhaps Cirq meant that after hearing of it on TGR, then winning, paying it forward would be helping someone just because they needed the help, someone who had done nothing to deserve the consideration, like epicski.

I do, of course, realize that JayPowHound may have first heard of the contest here first, and that in such a case, pay it forward would not be applicable. .
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post





Perhaps Cirq meant that after hearing of it on TGR, then winning, paying it forward would be helping someone just because they needed the help, someone who had done nothing to deserve the consideration, like epicski.

I do, of course, realize that JayPowHound may have first heard of the contest here first, and that in such a case, pay it forward would not be applicable. .
 
VA if you look at the link in Cirques post, Jaypowhound won a pair of skis from Sierraskis, which was an EpicSki/Sierra Skis contest, as well as the Bro's which were posted on TGR and Epic.

Jaypowhound is quite a lucky ski winner, eh!
post #7 of 9
Well, if there ever is a contest just for Supporters we know who won't win ;-)
post #8 of 9
 Wasn't  it Jaypowhound who whined about Bro's and their lack of shipping in a timely manner, then he won bros. 

Where's the karma?


Just giving you some crap jaypowhound, because you can obviously take it 
Edited by Trekchick - 10/6/09 at 4:35am
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 Wasn't  it Jaypowhound who whined about Bro's and their lack of shipping in a timely manner, then he won bros. 

Where's the karma?


 

Yup... that would be me.  I've actually apologized to Splat since then, I unfairly let a bunch of frustration out on him over things he had no control of, and I kinda wish that thread would disappear for good.  Hmm... know anyone that could make that happen?  

And yes, it's the same JayPowHound who Won bros, and the Lhasa's will be the perfect compliment to my 183's!!

It's been my lucky year with free skis so far for sure!  First the Lords from sierraskis on these fine forums here... then the Lhasas from poachninja.com... and I think I'm gonna try and go for the hat trick with the Saucer Boy costume contest at the MSP premier in Boston in a couple of weeks... which MAY have a pair of skis as a prize.  It's impossible to say for sure, but... watch 1:30 to 2:15 of this:




 (speaking of which... if anyone in the Boston area has a pair of SnowlerBlades that I could borrow next week, I'd really appreciate it.  Let me know!!)

Oh, and Cirque... As lucky as I am to have won not one but two pairs of skis this year, that has nothing to do with the state of the rest of my finances.  Rather than sell one (or both) like my wife wanted to, I will be mounting them both within the next month.  Unfortunately there's just no extra cash to fork over for supporter status.  I think my post count says enough about what I think of this site, so without going into a "poor me I'm broke" rant, I'll just say it'd be nice and I'd love to help out but it's not gonna happen.  At least not this year.  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Do I have to be a paying supporter to put a link in my signature??