I am looking for a new set of skis this year and was hoping to get some recommendations from the community.
I am currently on some K2 Axis ModX in a 189 that I actually like for 75% of my skiing (which is mainly chasing after my little guys and zipping down groomers). For the other 25% I'd like to try something a bit wider.
I've been skiing for many years but missed from 1999 to 2006 (basically the entire shaped ski revolution). Prior to 1999 I was on various K2 models with my last pair being K2 Velocity in a 203. I am 6'2", 225, and confident on all in bounds terrain ... but really do not seek out bumps unless they find me.
Last year I tried a couple different Bluehouse skis (District 187 and MR 179) and much preferred the MR over the District, but I think I still prefer my current K2's over the MR.
I have a line on three different skis that all seem to fit the bill of an all mountain ski that will handle 99% of the skiing I will do ...
1) Dynastar Legend Mythic Rider in a 184
2) Dynastar Big Trouble in a 186
3) Nordica Hot Rod Afterburner in a 186
As you can tell I am on a budget and not really interested in this year's gear if I can get the same for less with last year's closeout. Of the three, are there any strong for or against recommendations? I am leaning towards the Big Troubles since they are quite a bit different than my K2's and would seem to expand my quiver while the MR's and AB's seem to be wider versions of what I currently have, but could be swayed to any of the three.
Thanks in advance for all the input.