This had me thinking of just how fortunate I am in my area.
- There are some things that suck about Michigan, but the one thing that we have to be thankful for is an established trail system for bikes, dirtbikes, horses, and other stuff.(some maintained by their respective user groups)
- We also have benefit of some private established trails that have been built by bike clubs, or other municipalities(cities or counties)
- We have a few nice paved pathways that have been established by other municipalities, which are maintained fairly well, to the joy of the casual road rider.
- We have great country side terrain for the more aggressive road rider
- We have a few ski resorts that have lift served mt biking.
- We have a few state established trails that butt up to private or commercial riding that are parking friendly
Most, if not all, of the established mt bike trail we have at our disposal have trail head parking.
I think Michigan really has it going on in this regard!
What kind of established trails do you have in your area?
What kind of parking do they offer, if any?
Who maintains the trail(volunteer club or other)?