1) Stay home and drive to Saddleback, Jay Peak, Le Massif, Marble mountain as Url commands and hit chic chocs and newfoundland in the spring. Because I am on the downeast coast, hitting the storms would mean a drive up the day before and hotel lodging. Some deals midweek, but hard to find individual deals on weekends.
2) Fly to Calgary. Grey hound to Bannf (Sunshine), Kicking Horse and Revelstoke. Stay in Hostels. No car saves big $$ and seems to fit snow bill. Thinking early February, but not sure how much spill over of people fleeing whistler for the olympics will affect things.
3) Buy Kirkwood 6pack pass- wicked cheap. Fly by cheapest car/air combination. Downside is either it is a long drive to and from the mountain for cheap hotel or winter camping. Side trip to Yosemite is a big plus!
4) Wait on Europe to see how the season goes and prices.
5) Been to SLC and it is still a cheap option. Stay down near the base of BCC and LCC on transit line.
Edited by Maineac - 7/24/2009 at 03:18 pm GMT