EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › K2 Sabre Skis with M2 10.0 Bindings '08 Does anyone have any experience with these
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

K2 Sabre Skis with M2 10.0 Bindings '08 Does anyone have any experience with these

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I have found a new pair for 299.00 and I was thinking about getting them but I am not that familiar with K2's. They are 72 mm . I am now a semi advanced Skier. I am looking for a little more of a powder ski but I want to keep my performance I already have in my Volkl AC 3 's With Motion bindings. Any Advice? 
post #2 of 24
 That's a novice to intermediate ski.  Keep shopping. 
Your AC3's are more advanced and will do a lot more for your growth than the Sabre.

I have a pair of Elan 888's with demo bindings that you can get for a bargain price that could be a good addition to your quiver, but there are some other great skis out there that could serve you well also.
post #3 of 24
You are going to be really hard-pressed to find -anything- better than your AC3s in that price range, let alone new.
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Ok Treck what are the elan 888's ?
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Yea I figured that I just don't know alot about K2's evidently these are more of a lower end SKi

thanks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post


You are going to be really hard-pressed to find -anything- better than your AC3s in that price range, let alone new.


 
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Skier View Post

Ok Treck what are the elan 888's ?

A damn sweet ski 128/88/108, my son uses them as his go to ski..for everything. 
post #7 of 24
 http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/54296/initial-impression-elan-888
http://www.epicski.com/products/elan-888-alu-ski/reviews#127

The only down side to these for you is length.  They are a 168.  That may be a tad short for you.

As Comprex said, your AC3's are damn nice skis, unless you think you want something softer or fatter 
post #8 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/54296/initial-impression-elan-888
http://www.epicski.com/products/elan-888-alu-ski/reviews#127

The only down side to these for you is length.  They are a 168.  That may be a tad short for you.

As Comprex said, your AC3's are damn nice skis, unless you think you want something softer or fatter 
 

That is the problem I don't want to go too fat but I would like something that would handle the powder like we had in BS. I had to work really hard in that stuff to get my skiis to ride.

 FYI  My volkl are 168. I am only a 5'9 170 lbs (lean mean skiing machine)  yea right sorry got carried away
post #9 of 24
 Lean mean! 
I'm 5'6" 140 lbs, so we're not that much different, eh?

The Elan's are a tad stiff for me, but you may really like them.  Check out the reviews I linked above and ask the reviewers some questions
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
What about  Blizzard Titan Cronus Ski? Have you heard anything on them ?
post #11 of 24
Nordica Enforcers.

CBG
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post

Nordica Enforcers.

CBG

 


I will ck them out!!
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Skier View Post

What about  Blizzard Titan Cronus Ski? Have you heard anything on them ?

Personally, i didn't like the Cronos at all, in fact I don't like any of the Titan series.. and I love their Magnum series. I much preferred the 888 over the Cronos. To ME, the 888 is a much better all mountain ski than the Cronos, is is better on hard snow and more positive in the soft stuff. Not that it matters, the 888 is also one of the best looking skis that has been offered over the past two seasons.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Skier View Post

What about  Blizzard Titan Cronus Ski? Have you heard anything on them ?

yea, Mr TC has those and loves them but they come with mixed reviews.  IMO you'll be better off with the 888 over the cronus, but perhaps should try the Blizzard 8.7 over any of them.

Squatty has a pair he may sell you. 
post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 Lean mean! 
I'm 5'6" 140 lbs, so we're not that much different, eh?

The Elan's are a tad stiff for me, but you may really like them.  Check out the reviews I linked above and ask the reviewers some questions
 

TC when you say stiff what exactly are you referring too? I haven't been skiing long enough to put the techno terms with the feel yet sorry
post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post




yea, Mr TC has those and loves them but they come with mixed reviews.  IMO you'll be better off with the 888 over the cronus, but perhaps should try the Blizzard 8.7 over any of them.

Squatty has a pair he may sell you. 
 
Yea I will probaly get Squatty to bring me some  demo's to try in esa Aspen 2010 

How do I get in touch with him in the offseason anyway? Pm me
post #17 of 24
GW Skier, I have a pair of 2008 Rossi Actys 100 with bindings with 10 days on them that i would let go for $200 obo. pm me if interested
post #18 of 24
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Not to familiar with those either

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum185 View Post

GW Skier, I have a pair of 2008 Rossi Actys 100 with bindings with 10 days on them that i would let go for $200 obo. pm me if interested
 
post #20 of 24
its a decent intermediate ski for frontside groomers
post #21 of 24
 Skibum, having skied with GW, I am convinced he needs an addition to hid quiver that is a midfat that is an advanced ski(not expert).
His skiing really took off at BigSky ESA and he's hungry for more!!!
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 Skibum, having skied with GW, I am convinced he needs an addition to hid quiver that is a midfat that is an advanced ski(not expert).
His skiing really took off at BigSky ESA and he's hungry for more!!!

It was that Sports Triangle that got him going. 
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post




It was that Sports Triangle that got him going. 
post #24 of 24
How about some Mantras? or bridges? Both are great skis. My mantras handle everything great. You could probably get last years models pretty cheap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › K2 Sabre Skis with M2 10.0 Bindings '08 Does anyone have any experience with these