Related Forum Threads
- Lets talk snow tires (2012 edition) Last post on 12/4/11 at 8:50am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Professional Ski Bumming Last post on 11/6/13 at 2:54pm in General Skiing Discussion
- All Wheel Drives Last post on 10/20/13 at 10:15pm in Automotive/Car Talk
- Best skier vehicle? Last post on 8/31/13 at 7:49pm in Automotive/Car Talk
- Winter driving -- not snow tires Last post on 11/25/12 at 1:11pm in Automotive/Car Talk
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
I LOVE my gigantic SUV. - Page 2
The point is his gigantic SUV does not get that bad of mileage. Everyone assumes since it is a gigantic SUV that it gets horrible mileage when the opposite is true.
That also happens when the general public just assumes what they hear is true vs actually researching it. I know several people that think there vehicle at under 18mpg get way better mileage than any SUV. Yet if they actually researched and checked the facts they would find out they are wrong. I always get asked what I do special or changed on my GMC Canyon when people find out it gets 22mpg. The mpg of SUV might not be awesome but it tends to be better than what people think it is.
Then there is also the constant hate you will receive from others if you were to drive a SUV around. I can't believe the shit my boss gets about his vehicles constantly, yet his are more environmentally friendly than any Prius on the road.
Edited by CR0SS - 6/28/2009 at 11:23 pm GMT
Like global warming and religion?
Wasn't talking about all SUVs, just BIG SUVs.
Yeah, I love it when folks cross-state the pros of owning a monster truck. But first let me come clean.
I dumped my third Grand Cherokee last summer when gas was going for $4 a pop. 15 mpgs around town was just gluttenous! If I went over 75 mph on I-95 I could watch the mileage drop, really anything over 70 started to kill the mpg. I drive SUVs admitted, but traded for a Ford Xscape with a 5-speed and now get 25 around twon and can get over 29 @ 80mph. I need the space for the dog, the wife and dive gear. Wifey drives a Patriot that gets big mpgs and goes off-road, real Jeep trails!
Okay, my best bro was doing the fancy Yukon monster to Sugarbush from SoJersey and all he did was try and justify the mpgs. Too funny, it was such a dog driving up 100 in the snow he could only go 35 mph. My Grand would stomp that shit at 50+.
Comfort? Driving a sofa is comfortable with a remote in your hand.
Gas is going up, SUV sales are dieing.
Yet isn't global warming the incorrect term now? We are supposed to say "climate change".
More seriously, I think "climate change" is the better term, since some regions may actually experience cooling -- at least for several decades -- even though overall average global temperature is rising. Also, the term "climate change" covers more than just warming: changes in rainfall patterns, typhoon frequency and intensity, etc.
Global Climate Change Warming is being taken seriously by ski resort owners and investors.
Off topic definitely:
There's little debate as to whether the planet is actually warming in certain regions. There's a few that think the sun cycles are changing towards behavior that will result in cooling. The real debate is just how much is mankind effecting climate? Some say not much at all.
For that argument I agree with the mods.. Move it to P&HT. These threads are doomed to go there from post one
Most of whom are not scientists -- whether or not they are skiers (see how I deftly wove in a link to sking? -- but, OK, Mom, got it, don't throw the ball in the house... ).
Big SUVs have their place too. As I said they are great for towing a boat or a trailer carrying equipment. Well Suburbans are anyway. What really is absurd are soccer moms using these things to cart the kids to the ballfield.
hit one oil spot on the freeway and the short wheel base on those little suv's will have you doing 720's. i did exactly that in a sportage.
my jeep's like the best pair of jeans you can put on, fits perfect; and if it looks a little nasty outside, she's got claws like wolverine. i'm not giving that up for $4 gas and the govt better bring an army if they expect me to give her up for a fiat 500.
Ha, Ha!!! I need all that cargo space for my wares!!!!!! When I'm working my truck stays home...I walk the 2 blocks to my store. Most of the use comes when I'm off; fishin', huntin', carrying supplies to the marsh camp, beer coolers and grill to ball games,etc. I'm very fortunate not having to travel very far during the week..in fact I probably put less than 20m from Mon thru Thurs. It's FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY that we have some fun!!!!!!
Besides, Posaune I support my local oil companies by using their product!
How's the slide been doin'? and of course the squeeze box???? Allons a dance'...
PS...for all you boat owners...how about the miles per gallon on the water....lets not even go there...switchin' from 2 cycle to 4 strokes this summer...almost double the efficiency.
That's funny, my insurance company couldn't agree more with you! The only way there'd be one of those under the hood is if mine blows up in the next 30k and I trip over a free STi motor & tranny, tho. I have the bike for when I want to go really, really rediculously fast. Right now I'm just trying to minimize the cost to almost daily trips to VT in the wintah.
I have no idea what kind of mileage my boat gets, but the motor is a multi-port fuel injected 5.7 L. Chevy Vortec V8. 325 horsepower. I'm sure not good.
Scientifically well established, and some of those scientists probably ski from time to time. By the way, the moon landing was not staged -- it really happened.
Wait, you sell sex toys???
Um, no. The opposite in fact. Hell- I broke up with my girl, lost my dog and my truck crapped out all within two weeks. It's been a rough coupla weeks for me but thankfully no diamonds needed- being two weeks shy of our anniversary I spent some of the $ I had saved for her 1ct round studs on a sweet Arc'Teryx Stingray jacket I would have otherwise never bought for myself.
- I LOVE my gigantic SUV.
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 18 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 38 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 53 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 3 hours ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer