- 59 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemWhitefish Mountain Resorttagged by System, 5/27/09
Related Forum Threads
- 1 week ski holiday in western Canada/US suggestions (not Whistler) ? Last post on 10/14/16 at 12:09pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Inbounds Photos Last post on 9/13/16 at 9:25pm in Snowsports Video, Photography, Software and Graphics
- Pick a mountain [for western Canada, coming from Australia] - the separate thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 3:30pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Advice: Low Altitude Trip in March [family trip, intermediate, first big mountain] Last post on 8/24/16 at 10:08pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Whistler in February vs. April for Blue Square Skiers Last post on 4/27/16 at 6:25pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Trip plans for 2010 yet? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe when I go for my second trip I'll get a bit better....... At least I can see the best places to visit here!
First thing that's brought a smile to my face on a thus-far shitty day. BRING IT ON!!
So far for me:
Dec: Either Stowe or Steamboat (2nd week)
Jan: Jackson Hole (3rd week)
Feb: Stratton Demo (1st week)
April: Stowe ESA
May: A-Basin (Mothers Day)
There will be some weekend trips to VT in there also.
My family and I are planning to go to Big Sky this year. On the Big Sky website there are alot of areas. I'm looking for a ski in/out place with a kitchen for my wife and 3 sons ( who are out of college now) and at least one girl friend.
Do you have any suggestions for a Ski In/out area or lodging ?
Also but my wife only ice skates. Is there an outdoor pond/lake to ice skate there ?
December, maybe Stowe ESA-East
Dec 25 - Jan 4 Big Sky
February somewhere - sometime
March 4 - March 14 Big Sky
April, maybe ESA Big Sky
Haven't skied the east since I discovered the west30 years ago so I'm about ready to try it again. December and March are set. February will be planned after the Christmas trip based on time available. April may be tough this year with family obligations revolving around graduations.
No problem, If I can't get out to ski I'll just play more golf.
Several factors are influencing our Squad this year; two have new jobs, one has divorce issues, and the other has a pregnant girlfriend. Frankly, it's a small miracle that we have conferred at this point on the calendar.
We are borrowing a friend's house at the base of Keystone, or his condo across the street, my wife wants to keep our xtra timeshare for another trip to warmer climes this year, so I only get the Vail share in april. Oh well!
The boyz will travel to Vail and Copper except on deep days when we will hope to catch the snocat at the Stone. I highly recommend that excursion if you ever get the chance and the conditions, awesome lip drops on almost every run.
BTW, airfares are very affordable right now. Anyone have a real handle on how long these airfares will last? I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I probably should get moving on this.
Powder to the people!
*Just pulled the trigger for $225.89 R?T PBI to DEN. See ya there!
Edited by snokat - 7/28/2009 at 05:58 pm GMT
We'll probably elect for Wolfcreek,as the snow there is always plentiful that time of year.
The season will be here before we know it!
looks like this now.
Windham Mtn (NY) all season...we have a house there.
1/30-2/5- Jackson Hole
2/25-2/27- Kicking Horse, BC
2/28-3/2- Great Canadian Heli
Maybe a random Stowe or Killington run in there....
If Eastern conditions are good pre-Xmas perhaps a long weekend to VT is in order the week before X-Mas!
No trips PLANNED yet this year but thin king about: ESA Aspen, Gathering SLC, want to ski Kicking Horse and Revelstoke, basically have to wait and seen how snow is going to be.
Glad to accompany you and or other Bears. Can guide at Silver Mt. and Schweitzer. Have skied Fernie and loved Lizard Bowl area.
A couple of TR's that may be helpful:
Nov. 6 and/or 9: Mt. Rose (assuming early opening)
Dec. 5-6: Alpine Meadows (opening weekend)
Dec. 12-13: Alpine Meadows (first weekend of ski team)
Dec. 19-Jan. 3: Alpine Meadows (kids' winter vacation)
Mar. 27-Apr. 11: Alpine Meadows (kids' spring vacation)
And, of course, some more trips here and there.
I can't believe that no one is looking at Whistler in Feb for the Olympics. If you've never done a Winter Olympics trip, you don't know what you're missing. Don't get scared off by the people who think they can get $1,000 per night for lodging. Prices are coming down (although the USD is getting weaker vs. CN $) but wait for deals in Dec. Craigslist, Alluradirect.com (Canadian vacation rental site), and Whistler, all have deals going if you hunt for them.
At Snowbasin in 2002, we gave up our spectator tix to ski up to the Women's Super G course. Watched the girls then skied the course as soon as they pulled the gates and opened the fence...what a gas. Waited our 3 hours in line at the Park City Roots store to buy our tukes (tuques) and partied with everyone while we waited.
Also planning Kimberly/Fernie for Spring Break (late March) and several other trips throughout the year. El Nino? El Smino...strap em on and let em run!
I can't wait! Theres a horrendously long 73 days before we board our flight to LA for 3 weeks at Squaw, Heavenly and Kirkwood.
Then back to work on the other side of the world until another quick 2 weeks in March/April.
(I wish I had time to go to Japan in Fewbruary: flights are just $650 return including taxes: but that'd be greedy
Dec. 26 - Jan 2: Stowe, with the whole family.
MLK and Prez day weekends: probably local mid-Atlantic places.
Spring breaks: I get two half weeks again this year, one with each kid. I'm not even close to deciding where to go -- there are so many good places and I want to ski them all before I turn 90.
In that regard, all you Steamboat and Whitefish mavens: what's the Spring snow like at these two?
Edited by Jimski - 10/29/09 at 8:04am
My son's Spring break is March 19 - 27. My daughter's Spring break is March 27 - April 5. I would get half of each break to take them skiing. I could probably have either half of my son's break, but likely will get the first half of my daughter's break (e.g., March 27 - April 1), since the second half is Easter weekend.
Two words: Independent Study.
LOL. In other words: pull each of them out of school for the others' Spring break and we'd get two weeks skiing! Less radical, pull each out for half a week and go for a week together that straddles the two-week period.
I'm with you -- but my non-skiing wife is really into the whole "education" thing.
I'd check with the schools which way they'd prefer. I know that in California, if you take a kid out for at least a week and arrange a formal independent study, the kid is counted as present for all purposes (including the state and/or federal funding that the school and district receive).
When I was growing up, we used to do two-week ski vacations every year this way. A reasonably bright kid can get most or all of the work during the travel days and on the day or two the weather sucks.
- Trip plans for 2010 yet?
- › First Time Buying Skis and Boots - Do It All Together? 12 seconds ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 11 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 17 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 22 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 30 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 31 minutes ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 34 minutes ago
- › Vintage skis for sale Head 360, Rossi Strato, Dynamic, Spalding,... 36 minutes ago
- › Winter Car Camping In/Near Summit County 47 minutes ago
- › What's your ski trip rig? Lets see some pictures! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer