Has anyone been to one of the Mt. Hood Summer Ski Camps? I was thinking of taking part in one of their mogul camps and they look to be priced very well.
Related Forum Threads
- Summer Skiing Last post on 5/30/09 at 3:31pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Timberline, WV 1/24/16 Bluebird Day Last post on 4/26/16 at 6:20pm in Trip Reports
- 14-15 PNW Gathering (WA/OR) Last post on 11/9/15 at 2:53pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Mount Hood or Timberline in oregon Last post on 10/15/14 at 10:59am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean Mountain Experience
Last edited: 5/4/13
- Summer Skiing International DestinationsLast edited: 6/25/12
- Summer Skiing: It Doesn't Have to EndLast edited: 5/17/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Mt. Hood Summer Ski Campspost #1 of 95/15/09 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #2 of 95/15/09 at 1:21pmpost #3 of 95/15/09 at 1:43pm
If you have never been to Oregon in the summer, book some extra time around the camp to enjoy the fantastic weather and sites. There is also no sales tax to take advantage of visitors like you.post #4 of 95/15/09 at 1:43pmpost #5 of 95/15/09 at 1:55pmQuote:
Yes, I agree. The camps usually get off the hill around 1. Head down to Hood River for some really good MTBing or world class sailing. In my experience, early summer is better than late for skiing!post #6 of 95/15/09 at 5:55pmpost #7 of 95/15/09 at 7:39pm
Ive been going out to MHSSC (mt.hood summer ski camp) for 3 years (7 weeks) and this summer will be my fourth. I have friends or know peole that have been to almost every serious camp out there.
Many camps have a mix or dryland and activities after you get off the hill usually around 1:00. You will be tired and not want to do dryland. Also many camps have planned activities that you do not get to chose and those are often not as fun.
At MHSSC your average day will go like this, wake up eat nice breakfast, go on hill to train, get off hill around 1ish, either go back to the lodge or go into govy (goverment camp). At govy you can demo next years skis, get a bite to eat, and chill w friend etc... A camp buss will take you back to the lodge where you have time to do whatever you want before activities. you will get to chose your activity from tennis, rafting and paintball and lots more. after activities you go back to the camp eat dinner then get to hang around the lodge everyone finds more to do than youd think.
The earlier you can get out there the better, session 5 is always the most crowded so if you can get sessions 4 or 6, there will also be smaller lift lines. MHSSC also has the best mogul lanes they are directly on the palmer glacier. Some other camps lanes are off to the side of the mtn. that could be better for racing but the bumps arent as good
As for coaching Darren Owen is the head bumps coach. I am a racer but know him fairly well. He is a great guy and a very nice coach. people have gone and could barely do a 360 and by the end of the week doing back flips. You will get much better while your out there.post #8 of 95/18/09 at 7:31amThread Starter
After reading these replies I really want to go. I wish early summer were an option but I have a dive trip planned in a few weeks. I guess its time to start selling the idea to my wife.post #9 of 95/18/09 at 3:51pm
believe it or not we've gotten close to 3 feet of fresh in the last two weeks, so it will be a great summer season. i've been up every weekend for the last 30 days and its very nice.
- Mt. Hood Summer Ski Camps
- Summer Skiing International Destinations
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 6 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 28 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Skiing Japan 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer