Related Forum Threads
- Help with buying boots and bindings to go with my new Fischer XC Superlight Crown Last post on 11/8/11 at 3:12pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- BIG WIDE BOOTS Last post on 11/16/11 at 6:47pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Salomon Quest AT Boot Last post on 2/21/11 at 9:29pm in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Avalanche training near Salt Lake City? Last post on 8/18/14 at 8:01am in General Skiing Discussion
- Injected liners - who's got em? Last post on 8/1/13 at 1:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2016 Lange Buyers Guide
Last edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- Ski Boots--The Most Important Piece of Gear You Will OwnLast edited: 11/16/15
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- Skinning PrimerLast edited: 10/30/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
How do you hike back-country with alpine boots? - Page 3post #61 of 697/11/09 at 5:04pmpost #62 of 697/11/09 at 5:57pmQuote:
Crap, and here I was bragging about a nice shot where I made turns. I can't measure up to that. I must say that I'm seriously impressed with anyone who can ski the north couloir of La Plata without making turns, bragger or not. Well, I assume they'd make turns to avoid the rock walls and islands...right?Quote:
A real skier, the kind we hardly ever hear about except through rumors and vague references in obscure journals. My new idol.
post #63 of 697/11/09 at 6:09pmSometime he reverses direction and charges back up hill at speeds most of us never experience. Oh yeah he can turn, but the days when he could run the La Plata straight are long ago from my understanding. Now he's whining because he can't figure out how to clamp down the heels of his leather XC shoes...post #64 of 697/11/09 at 7:17pmNow your getting me confused with Chaos or Highway Star.
I was never good, just stupid and fortunate. I liked going fast, so I did. Stop picking on me.
You don't need to remind me how old I am or that the closest I get to speeding these days is taking the old SGs out on small-hill GROOMERS, where if I'm lucky I might reach 70 before I reach the bottom, or that I can't afford to get some AT gear to go explore the unskied hills around Sudbury On and Maybe find something exciting.
Anyway skiing straight preceeded not only modern skiing stars, but preceeded my skiing by at least a century.
"By the 1860s, longboard racing (sometimes also called snow-shoe racing) had become the mining communities' main winter recreation.
The miners were a rough-and-tumble lot, and the races reflected it. They were flat-out speed events. Racers, several at a time, would line up at the top of a hill and head straight to the bottom without making so much as a single turn. According to newspaper accounts, winners would sometimes reach speeds of more than 80 mph."
I'm pretty sure there have been speeding skiers as long as there's been skis.post #65 of 697/11/09 at 7:50pmpost #66 of 697/11/09 at 8:47pmSorry. If I knew you are topping out at seventy on short groomers I wouldn't have said nothing. You kinda brought the subject up though by questioning Bob's divergence from fall line skiing.
Chaos or Highway Star never claimed to have schussed big lines in any posts I've read. You are the man.post #67 of 697/12/09 at 10:21ampost #68 of 699/2/09 at 5:39amQuote:
Easy. Just like this.post #69 of 6911/25/09 at 10:23amDitto on CR0SS's setup =works great. I've also cut pieces of 3mm neoprene and stiched in draw-tight synchs(name?)..(and seal up the cuffs to the weather)...can attach and run my Hotronics(to contact with anything inside to warm) the last leg of any similar hike...giving a thoroughly dry and somewhat warm inner boot...fwiw. Imagine a battery-powered heatgun might work better...
Edited by HaveSkisWillClimb - 11/25/09 at 11:13am
- How do you hike back-country with alpine boots?
- Salomon Ski Boots
- › L3 finally in the books 47 minutes ago
- › Looking for new skis to replace old K2 Escape 5500s 56 minutes ago
- › Should I be conservative or go for the better one? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › ***** CHEAP & HIGH QUALITY SKI IN IRAN ***** 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Tahoe or Colorado for April 11-15?? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners,... 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!