As it turns out, I'll be there that weekend. snowbird says that's the last weekend for skiing, conditions permitting. Only Little Cloud and tram will be open. For anybody who has summer skiied at Snowbird, what is typically open to ski with just those two lifts and is it worth doing?
- itemSnowbirdtagged by System, 5/14/09
Related Forum Threads
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Saturday, May 27 at Snowbird was buttery! Last post on 5/30/16 at 2:00pm in Trip Reports
- Little Cottonwood Canyon, late Mar, early Apr 2016 Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:31am in Trip Reports
- Rental question [for Snowbird in late season] Last post on 3/29/16 at 9:45pm in Ski Gear Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Snowbird Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/7/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Snowbird Unofficial Guide
Snowbird the weekend of June 12.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Obviously it depends on the snow. But I skied that weekend last year and it was really good. We could still ski back to the tram, which is key. Plus last year they had MB open in the morning, so you could find good snow bell to bell. Even laps on LC can be fun if it's a nice day, but your window is much shorter since it doesn't soften till much later.
A lot of terrain is accessible if you can ski back to the tram. Utah had massive snow in March/April this year, so should not be a problem this year.
The caveat is that spring slope preparation is minimal compared to Mammoth. No salting of the slopes and not much grooming. So if the weather is less than ideal in either direction (stays hard or no overnight freeze and thus slushy right away) Snowbird will be tough skiing with a short window of good conditions.
I skied snowbird the last two days. It is getting thin at the bottom, and is warm and forecast to get warmer. Doubtful about skiing to the tram in four weeks unless it snows. Mineral Basin will be closed too (last day May 25).
- Snowbird the weekend of June 12.
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 2 minutes ago
- › The Sugarloaf (MI) saga continues 6 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 10 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 15 minutes ago
- › Dreamin' about ski season 16 minutes ago
- › Steelers Baby! 31 minutes ago
- › Cons and Pros. Atomic Vantage cti 90 vs Nordica Enforcer 93 55 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer