EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Quotes got "stuck"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quotes got "stuck"?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

After I quoted something and copied it in the clipboard, every time I try to reply to a post, the same quote from before keeps showing up.

 

This makes it impossible to reply with quote of any other post! 

 

IE7/Vista.

post #2 of 10

I had something similar, I hit quote to make a snarky response, then hit cancel when I decided I didn't want to be a smartass, but when I tried to quote another post in the same thread, the first post I quoted was quoted along with the one I intended to respond to. I canceled and then refreshed the page, and that didn't make a difference, both quotes showed up in the editor box.

 

Before you ask, no, I didn't hit multi quote either before or after I refreshed the page.

 

I'm running Firefox 3.0.10 and XP Home.

post #3 of 10

You have to stop controlling the snarky tendencies and just go for it.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post

I had something similar, I hit quote to make a snarky response, then hit cancel when I decided I didn't want to be a smartass, but when I tried to quote another post in the same thread, the first post I quoted was quoted along with the one I intended to respond to. I canceled and then refreshed the page, and that didn't make a difference, both quotes showed up in the editor box.

 

Before you ask, no, I didn't hit multi quote either before or after I refreshed the page.

 

I'm running Firefox 3.0.10 and XP Home.

 

post #4 of 10

This is by design, to allow for easy multi-quoting.  If you decide that you don't want to include a certain quote in your post, you can select that quote in the editor as if it were text, and delete it by hitting the backspace key.

 

I believe the list of quotes you've selected are stored until you post, at which time they're cleared.

post #5 of 10

Then why have the multi-quote if the single quote is working the same way?

post #6 of 10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfarmer View Post

This is by design, to allow for easy multi-quoting.  If you decide that you don't want to include a certain quote in your post, you can select that quote in the editor as if it were text, and delete it by hitting the backspace key.

 

I believe the list of quotes you've selected are stored until you post, at which time they're cleared.

 

 

Sorry to say it, but that is a very idiotic design.

 

I'm off to re-invent the wheel...

post #7 of 10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

Then why have the multi-quote if the single quote is working the same way?

 

It seems like a dumb idea to me to have two controls doing the same thing, and another not doing what it's name indicates, when I hit cancel I want it to do just that, I don't need to be second guessed by some "helpful" programmer's design. Cancel should function to cancel out what has been done. I find this an unhelpfu feature, and that's why I posted about it in the bug report section.

post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post

 

 

It seems like a dumb idea to me to have two controls doing the same thing, and another not doing what it's name indicates, when I hit cancel I want it to do just that, I don't need to be second guessed by some "helpful" programmer's design. Cancel should function to cancel out what has been done. I find this an unhelpfu feature, and that's why I posted about it in the bug report section.


It IS a dumb idea. No two ways about it.
 

 

This software is so full of such over-engineered useless "features", it's a wonder it work at all! When you make a bad design, you have to work many times harder to do the same thing.

 

Yeah, right, "everybody is working very hard"! I pity the guys who had to implement these useless "features" and make it resemble a working website. 

 

Oh, I can see the ad-over-edit-box bug is still around too...

post #9 of 10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by volantaddict View Post

 

 

... when I hit cancel I want it to do just that, I don't need to be second guessed by some "helpful" programmer's design. Cancel should function to cancel out what has been done. I find this an unhelpfu feature, and that's why I posted about it in the bug report section.


Indeed. "Cancel", in an ideal world, means no side-effects. I mean that in the nerdy kind of way.

 

It'd be nice to see this bug fixed.

 

post #10 of 10

 


Bump.

 

When you backspace it still leaves the empty box.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Bug Report
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Quotes got "stuck"?