Here is a short video. Please, feel free to post your comments and thoughts on what is good and what is wrong.
Related Forum Threads
- Some Training vids Last post on 3/25/09 at 2:10pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Help me analyse some of my turns? Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Help me understand this inside ski Last post on 10/10/16 at 10:58am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- MA for Mountainbum Last post on 3/28/16 at 5:35am in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Help improve my Skiing Last post on 3/20/16 at 12:37pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Could you asess my skiing technique please.
Not bad, you look comfortable and in control of your descent. This is not very deep powder that would require a technique suitable for skiing 3 dimensional snow, however; I do see something that may help link your turns more fluidly in any snow condition. There is a slight hitch in your transition caused by hanging on to the ending of the turn a bit with the downhill ski creating a movement of your cg. upward, more like a tree grows, rather than more perpendicular to the slope pitch. I would suggest working on changing your sequence of movements. Rather than beginning your extension then changing edges, try beginning your edge change/crossover slightly before beginning your extension (weighted release). This will produce more of an extension with pressure on the new edges, bending the skis higher in the arc. One of the keys is to think about beginning the new turn by releasing the downhill ski's edge grip as the trigger to begin the whole sequence rather than push off of the platform created by it.
Hope this helps!
I agree with Bud in the transitions. There is definitely a 1-2 move. Flattening your downhill ski will definitely give you a more simultaneous edge change. Also work on keeping the horizon more level as you ski. Your hips and shoulders tip in throughout the turn, putting you on the inside ski after you pass the fall line.
- Could you asess my skiing technique please.
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 40 seconds ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 8 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 43 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 48 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 52 minutes ago
- › Rate my workout! 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Ski Powder Highway 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer