|Originally posted by tdk6:
I have a kid from France tomorrow taking a private lesson for the third time this year and his father asked me if I could give some sort of certificat of his learning level. He has passed level 2 in France. Any good ides?
If by level 2 he meant "second star (deuxieme etoile)" then that was:
- can turn in a wedge christy
- can do slide-slipping
- can do straight runs and stop
- can do simple parallel turns on a slope
The next level (troisieme etoile) is:
- can do a slalom (a couple hundred yards long, no timing)
- can do a tuck followed by a hockey stop
- can link short parallel turns
I haven't taught in France but have taken those a looooonnng time ago and went and checked a couple French sites.
[Edit: nobody should be shocked if it takes quite a few more than 3 lessons to go from one level to the next.]
YA[ February 02, 2004, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Ladede ]