Not sure about Mother's Day, but I'd love to join you all for some turns on Th/Fri. Just let me know when & where to meet.
- itemArapahoe Basintagged by System, 4/9/09
Related Forum Threads
- Winter Park or Loveland Week Before Christmas? Last post on 8/30/16 at 8:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 6 Day Trip to Breck - Worth Hitting A-Basin? Last post on 6/8/16 at 8:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Mother's Day at Arapahoe Basin 2016 Last post on 5/8/16 at 9:23pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
A-Basin for Mothers Day - Page 3post #61 of 1155/4/09 at 10:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1155/4/09 at 10:38ampost #63 of 1155/4/09 at 10:39amThread StarterQuote:
Beef and Beer will be Sat night at our place. You are welcome to bring anything you like. There is a hot tub, so bring a suitQuote:
It will have to be Friday then. I am open for the meet point.post #64 of 1155/4/09 at 10:46ampost #65 of 1155/4/09 at 10:55amThread Starterpost #66 of 1155/4/09 at 11:33amQuote:
Depends when you plan to be there. One option is 9:00 am by the A-Basin map at the base of Exhibition if you want to lap some groomies with hard snow. If you plan on waiting for softer, I'd recommend an 11 or 12 start with either the same meeting spot (or at the base of Pali depending on what you want to ski). Weems, what is your plan? I'd love to hook up w/ you too.
And as to the chicken, TC, I'll be happy to show all who require it where to get it--once I get mine!post #67 of 1155/4/09 at 11:44ampost #68 of 1155/4/09 at 12:55pmpost #69 of 1155/4/09 at 1:12pmpost #70 of 1155/4/09 at 1:26pm
Pug....damn....you know the beef and beer is ALMOST as tempting as the . (make sure and have a Fat Tire Amber Ale for me!)
Hey, maybe you could put an old binding on the deck and I'll be there with you guys in spirit
Have a great one!post #71 of 1155/4/09 at 2:50pm
I am going to try to hit it Friday also...today was very soft at 9:15, but I think Geoff is right that it will likely be firm before 11 am this weekend. Let me know what you guys decide on...Matt
post #72 of 1155/4/09 at 3:20pmQuote:
I'll be bringing something other than Fat Tire. It's good and all but there are so many other great beers to be had around here and I'll bring something different to show off our fantastic Colorado microbrews.post #73 of 1155/4/09 at 3:28pmThread StarterQuote:
There will be a binding there in your spirit.post #74 of 1155/4/09 at 5:32pm
I've had bronchitis. Sadly, I had to make the decision not to go to Colorado although I had a super sweet ticket deal and had my six year old boy on a freebee. As some of you know, skiing is a love of my life and this was a hard decision to make. But I worried about my lungs at high altitude and having to take care of my little boy. Hope you all have fun! I'll be thinking of you! I had a blast last year.post #75 of 1155/4/09 at 5:44pmThread Starter
The altitude would have helped your lungs.Quote:Originally Posted by taw
I've had bronchitis. Sadly, I had to make the decision not to go to Colorado although I had a super sweet ticket deal and had my six year old boy on a freebee. As some of you know, skiing is a love of my life and this was a hard decision to make. But I worried about my lungs at high altitude and having to take care of my little boy. Hope you all have fun! I'll be thinking of you! I had a blast last year.post #76 of 1155/4/09 at 5:51pmpost #77 of 1155/4/09 at 8:07pm
I just wanted to remind all of you that you suck. When your pilot drops you off in the holy land of DEN, think how much crappier your landing could have been if you were stuck on my airplane while I'm throwing fits over the East Coast in the Flight Levels all weekend.post #78 of 1155/5/09 at 7:12amQuote:
Dont worry Chris. I'll make sure you get to see plenty of pictures :D
Meet up at TJs the Friday after?post #79 of 1155/5/09 at 12:33pmpost #80 of 1155/5/09 at 1:32pmThread Starterpost #81 of 1155/5/09 at 2:22pm
And taw, I'm sorry you can't make it, but I disagree with Phil. High altitude=dry air. Dry air is not good for bronchial irritation, methinks. I think you're wiser.Quote:
post #82 of 1155/5/09 at 3:39pmpost #83 of 1155/5/09 at 3:48pmQuote:
It's not snow amount but $$$ coming in. At this point in the season so many people are done with skiing that they don't make any money.post #84 of 1155/5/09 at 5:20pmpost #85 of 1155/5/09 at 6:46pmQuote:
I have been at Abasin the past few years on Mothers day weekend. Loveland has closed just prior to that weekend each time.
As COSkiGirl said, the amount of activity has a huge impact on their closing date, as things wind down and skiers move on to other activities.post #86 of 1155/6/09 at 4:46amThread Starterpost #87 of 1155/6/09 at 5:46ampost #88 of 1155/6/09 at 7:11am
I'll be going up tomorrow just to get the snow ready for all of you :) It should be a nice weekend for spring skiing. Zuma bowl did close except for one groomer, but all of Pali is still open according to their web site. It'll be my last day skiing this year as I'm working for the next 8 days starting Friday. Have lots of fun over the weekend.
bdpost #89 of 1155/6/09 at 11:18ampost #90 of 1155/6/09 at 12:30pmThread Starter
- A-Basin for Mothers Day
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 1 minute ago
- › Steelers Baby! 2 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 13 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 31 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Northern Michigan Ski Weather Forcast 33 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 37 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 49 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 52 minutes ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer