EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Ski technology use (carvers as everyday use)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ski technology use (carvers as everyday use)

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I was skiing the other day on a great powder day. I kept straightlining into all these tools who did all these little short turns in front me. Cant these people just get boards that are to big for them and straighline everything like me?

 

also all these heel pushers on little skis keep making these horrid edge set bumps, if they just learned how to ski and go straight everyone else couldgo straight as well.

 

also I I hate avoiding all the people who lose skis in powder, if they wouldnt use marker they would have this problem.

 

but yeah I figured since noone else here no hows to have fun Id just blog about dumb people on the internet as well.

post #2 of 12

Yup if everbody would get big boards and skied straight down teh hill think how many more people could fit on the slopes, we could hold hands, sing kum buy aaah skiing straight down the hill. I must ask though if you are skiing straight down the hill why would you avoid the Marker binder clicked off skier but ski into the tools?? What i think is fun is to release someones binding with my pole when they get off the lift and then ski away as fast as i can straight down the hill.

post #3 of 12

I hope this is a joke.  Any fool can ski a run straight (powder or groomed) but not everyone can ski a run well.  That means not straight but not choppy, it's called figure 8's.  It's the fools who ski straight and think they are in control that either cause accidents or wonder how they fell off the cliff. 

post #4 of 12
    Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post

 

I was skiing the other day on a great powder day. I kept straightlining into all these tools who did all these little short turns in front me. Cant these people just get boards that are to big for them and straighline everything like me?

 

also all these heel pushers on little skis keep making these horrid edge set bumps, if they just learned how to ski and go straight everyone else couldgo straight as well.

 

when it's nuking I'm on these big porno powder skis rockin' this big porno full-face helmet, then ski lines that can't be skied by weak gapers... that way I get big porno face shots in while gapers gape from the chair--if they can see me at that.

 

Also, hate to boarders who sideslips gnarly lines; they should practice turning on the groomers where it's safe.

post #5 of 12

Sweet, when BPA gets to Level IV he can begin teaching the PIST method:

 

Powder

Idiot

Straight line

Technique

 

Ironic that PIST is best done Off Piste, isn't it?

post #6 of 12

I can't help but be reminded of the time, many years ago, when I was riding the ancient original lift at Boyne Mountain. One of the Austrian ski instructors was standing near the lift, about halfway up the run with a group of rugrats. The instructor had been driven to exasperation by one of his dimunitive charges, who persisted in skiing straight down the hill, resisting all attempts to instruct him in the fine art of turning:

 

"I TELL YOU TO TURN, BUT YOU JUST KEEP SCHUSSING!!!! VY ARE YOU SCHUSSING?!?!?!?! STOP MIT DER SCHUSSING AND TURN!!!!!" 

post #7 of 12


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetranode View Post

 

    Quote:

 

... that way I get big porno face shots in while gapers gape from the chair--if they can see me at that.

 

 


 

It's not for me to judge, but just keep it safe and sane out there, my brathah.

post #8 of 12

I like straight lining the powder in my shorty slalom skis. That way I get face shots all the time as there is no float at all, I'm right down there on the solid base. Turning and wide, long skis are for gapers and secret wannabe PSIAers.

post #9 of 12

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

 


Powder

Idiot

Straight line

Technique

 

Ironic that PIST is best done Off Piste, isn't it?

...By someone who is pissed off....

post #10 of 12


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4snow View Post

 

I hope this is a joke. 


 

I think he intends it as parody of the other "Ski Technology" thread.   

post #11 of 12

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4snow View Post

 

I hope this is a joke.  Any fool can ski a run straight (powder or groomed) but not everyone can ski a run well.  That means not straight but not choppy, it's called figure 8's.  It's the fools who ski straight and think they are in control that either cause accidents or wonder how they fell off the cliff. 

 

Because there is so much skill and joy involved with doing the same turn over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

 

 

 

 

 

post #12 of 12

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpiel View Post

 

 

 

Because there is so much skill and joy involved with doing the same turn over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. 

 

And over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...........

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fixed it for ya ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Ski technology use (carvers as everyday use)