Don't laugh. Anyone know of any skins wide enough for the Kuros?
Related Forum Threads
- FS - Rossi S7 and Volkl Kuro Last post on 4/6/12 at 10:51am in WTB and PSA for Gear
- Should I sell my Volkl Kuro? Last post on 4/13/11 at 12:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What Skins to choose Last post on 5/12/14 at 3:26pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- WTB: AT gear Last post on 7/5/09 at 10:19pm in WTB and PSA for Gear
- Backcountry skinning Last post on 7/8/09 at 7:35am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Skins for Volkl Kuros
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not laughing (well, not a lot ). But I'd love to see pictures. What binding do you have on them? And brakes?
Marker Dukes - nice wide mount for those fat sticks.
I'm not looking to do anything hard core, but I was out snowshoeing last weekend and watched some guys get some turns down some awesome terrain. I said to myself, next time I'm bringing my skis (my snowshoeing buddy doesn't ski). During some follow up converations, somebody suggested trying some skins and seeing how they compare to snowshoes.
I'd use my Mantras, but they have regular bindings, and the Kuro would suit the conditions better anyway - the Mantras tails can be a bitch in crust. Of course the other option is just shoe up, but now I'm curious.
Kind of an accidental tourist, I guess.
Not sure if you've purchased skins yet but when I bought skins for my kuros i found that my only option was the G3 Alpinist Skins, which now come in a 140 mm width which is perfect for full coverage at the front of the ski where you may get slippage with a 130 mm skin. The reason why the alpinist are the only ones that will work is because the tip on the kuro is much too wide and short for the Black Diamond tip loops, even the new BD tip loops that are adjustable slip off the tip. Hope you like G3, mine have worked great so far, sucks to be forced to choose these and no other but sometimes it's nicet to make the choice simple...
- Skins for Volkl Kuros
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 2 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 12 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 12 minutes ago
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 18 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 23 minutes ago
- › NOAA Winter Outlook issued 31 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 35 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 41 minutes ago
- › Tuning Elan Amphibio 88xti skis 43 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 51 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer