A friend of mine skiing off-piste with me realizes his 172cm Scott Punisher doesn't cut it in the deep where I'm taking him.
26 yrs old, 5'10" and 215 lbs, he is a high intermediate capable of skiing parallel on double blacks (awkwardly) and improving. After convincing him that his skis were too short, he's going to buy a big-mountain/powder stick soon.
My personal recommendation, since all we've been doing is sniffing out bottomless lately, is to get something that's at least 180cm and 105 underfoot, fairly soft for turning through trees. My short list after some research looks something like this, from most likely candidate to least:
- Rossi S7 188cm
- Armada JJ 185cm
- Dynastar Huge Trouble 185cm
- Scott P4 181cm
- K2 Hellbent 179cm (more like 183cm actual)
- PMGear Lhasa Pow 185cm (perhaps too much ski for an inter)
- Line Mothership 185cm (same as Lhasa Pow)
- K2 Obsethed 179cm (the question is will this provide enough float for 200lbs on bottomless)
Since I weigh 125 lbs, I can only extrapolate what skis are suited to someone his weight... any thoughts on this?
I'm probably overlooking a few options here...