EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Someone stop me... I need an intervention... I keep buying stuff off of Tramdock, Whiskey Militia...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Someone stop me... I need an intervention... I keep buying stuff off of Tramdock, Whiskey Militia... - Page 2

post #31 of 43

just got a pair a smith phenom goggles with sensor lens and different straps on ebay for 50 buck..

 

im pretty happy!

post #32 of 43

 

When dey gonna set up a MortgageWOOT.com?

 

post #33 of 43

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post

 

 

When dey gonna set up a MortgageWOOT.com?

 

 

I'm thinkin' you're the one to do it.

post #34 of 43

hide your wallets!  Evogear has an additional 25% off their outlet prices.  no tax and free shipping.

post #35 of 43
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASkiDawg View Post

 

 

 

Are you sure?  I keep thinking the problem is I just haven't gotten the right gear yet

 

 

You totally haven't gotten the right gear yet...  You need new skis and most likely a new jacket...

post #36 of 43

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiesnow View Post

 

 

 

 

You totally haven't gotten the right gear yet...  You need new skis and most likely a new jacket...

 

That's exactly what I keep telling my wife......I'm glad you agree and I'm printing off your post now

post #37 of 43

Well, next week we are going back to Mammoth for two weeks and I decided to "upgrade" our equipment. So in last two weeks the UPS guy was here every day... Mostly bought from evogear.com and backcountry sites (tramdock,brociety)

 

3 pairs of skis

2 ski binding (one pair of skis came with binding)

2 ski boots

1 board + binding + boots

3 helmets

4 goggles

4 jackets

2 pans

Bunch of socks

2 gloves

 

Since I'm also a triathlete and cyclist should I also list all the "junk" I bought from BonkTown, ChainLove, PBK, Ribble and others? Would that count?

 

Hmmmm....let me check those sites again, maybe I need some more junk hahahaha :-)

 

 

 

 

post #38 of 43

This season's tally:

 

3 pairs of skis (2-self, 1-daughter)

2 pairs of boots (daughters)

2 bindings for the non-integrated skis

3 pairs of poles

3 helmets

4 pairs of goggles

1 season's pass at the local hill

1 race clinic (Austria)

1 footbeds (dad)

enough tuning tools and supplies for a national team of a smaller country

every book and DVD I haven't had before

? gloves (don't know how many pairs - lost track)

1 new jacket daughter

1 new pants daughter

X-bionic underlayer (top and bottom)

who knows what else I forgot

 

Unless 'incognito' is a part of Obama's skimulus package I may be done for a season (or three).

If my wife sees this post I'm dead.

 

 

post #39 of 43

Try being a cyclist.  I have five bikes and I change my components every two years.  It's a sickness.  My father in law keeps on asking my how many asses I have to need all those bikes...

post #40 of 43

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post

 

Try being a cyclist.  I have five bikes and I change my components every two years.  It's a sickness.  My father in law keeps on asking my how many asses I have to need all those bikes...

 

You have just 5 bikes and you are calling yourself a roadie?

Shame on you! :-)

 

PS I realy like the Shimano 7900 gruppo I just got for my bike :-)

 

post #41 of 43

We've got 13 bikes waiting for spring in our garage and I still feel like the quiver is incomplete...I think it's that missing singlespeed.

 

At two pair of skis, the quiver is somewhat complete. 

post #42 of 43
Quote:

My wife is going to kill me...

You could be like my Mom. She had just gotten a used car and spent a bunch of money adding on options that she wanted much to my dad's chagrin. Then she saw the new models of the same car so she bought a new one with all the options known to man. She had to break the news to Dad, he was mad,so she told him that the deal was $7000.00 dollars better than it actually was, then he thought she was a hell of a car dealer and proceeded to tell all the other ranchers what a wheeler dealer his wife was. The dealer phoned a week later to say the car was in, Mom tried to go on her own but Dad said he was going to come to gloat about this amazing deal. Mom left her purse in the house then ran back in and phoned the dealer and told him she was going to give him a cheque for $7000 less and not to say anything and she would be back the next day to settle up. To this day Dad still talks about what a great deal that car was.

post #43 of 43
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post

 

You could be like my Mom. She had just gotten a used car and spent a bunch of money adding on options that she wanted much to my dad's chagrin. Then she saw the new models of the same car so she bought a new one with all the options known to man. She had to break the news to Dad, he was mad,so she told him that the deal was $7000.00 dollars better than it actually was, then he thought she was a hell of a car dealer and proceeded to tell all the other ranchers what a wheeler dealer his wife was. The dealer phoned a week later to say the car was in, Mom tried to go on her own but Dad said he was going to come to gloat about this amazing deal. Mom left her purse in the house then ran back in and phoned the dealer and told him she was going to give him a cheque for $7000 less and not to say anything and she would be back the next day to settle up. To this day Dad still talks about what a great deal that car was.


 

haha... That's funny.  It seems your mom is, in fact, a wheeler and dealer..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Someone stop me... I need an intervention... I keep buying stuff off of Tramdock, Whiskey Militia...