I have been using a Transpack TRV Pro for the past couple of years and have been very satisfied with the versatility and flexibility of the pack. Over the past few years I have been seeing a lot of backpack boot carriers with the boots exposed on the outside and they have intrigued me.
This brings me to the Transpack Sidekick Pro. The first thing I noticed in the design was the amount of pockets and how well designed and placed they were. There is a fleece line pocket for goggles that is easily accessed from the top, a side pocket that is perfect for keeping a wallet and keys and also a slot to keep a laptop. What really surprised me is that I took everything from my "packed to the gills" TRV and put it on the Sidekick Pro and I still have space for more stuff!!! Having the helmet on the outside really makes the difference.
I will also add, that the design, compared to the traditional Transpack can be summed up simply.. The Transpack is a bootbag that is you wear on your back, the Sidekick is a backpack that carries your boots. When you put the Sidekick on, you immediately notice the contouring of the bag and how much better it fits your body and how well the weight of bag (even loaded) is distributed on your back. The Adjustable belt and chest strap just add to the comfort of this well designed pack.
External boot and helmet backpack features:
- Super Tough 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon
- Padded Side Ski Boots Holders with Drainage Grommets
- Zippered Helmet Pocket with Expandable Mesh Gusset
- Water Resistant Tarpaulin Bottom
- Closed Cell Foam Padded Back with Wallet Pocket
- Contoured Adjustable Neoprene Shoulder Straps
- Adjustable Waist Belt and Sternum Strap
- 2-Way Zippered Main Compartment with Internal Zippered Pocket
- Padded Laptop Sleeve
- Hydration Compatible
- Mesh Goggle Pocket
- 23L Volume
- Colors: Black (BLK), Navy (NVY) or Red (RED)
Edited by Philpug - 2/6/10 at 9:00am