or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Rossignol 4s Kevlar ski
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rossignol 4s Kevlar ski - Page 2

post #31 of 57

I skied on some LOOK RS for a couple hours in 2010.  They held up fine but have been officially retired.  There's been a pair of 4SKs at Goodwill for about 6 months now.  I think they are 204s with Markers.  Skiing and room for frivolous ski gear has really taken a back seat for the next year or two.  Not thrilled about that, but the geography and bandwidth only allows so much and that hasn't been nearly as much with the kids playing team sports.

Been coaching soccer the past two years.  We're going to an NASL game tomorrow night and very stoked about that.

 

While we are talking "retro" or even "classic", how bout some 70s NASL replica Minnesota Kicks Kits?

IMG_3339.jpg

 

And the current Carolina Railhawks jersey.. who just happen to be playing Minnesota (whatever their current name is) tomorrow.  Which one should I wear?

post #32 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post





Damn Joal, you're missing out on the fun (maybe you can find another pair to actually ski on th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif),plus to my eye they look incomplete without the proper binding mounted.

 

For me a ski is for sliding on snow and then admiring in the off season thinking of all the fun that was had....

 

 

 

I really like how they put the "replica" in the box that held "kevlar" when remaking the graphic  icon14.gif

 

skis014.jpg

 

4s Replica tail.jpg

 


In fact, Rossi, I have been keeping an eye out lately for lightly used iconic skis for really cheap!  One sad thought is that I may not be able to ski them to their full potential anymore.frown.gif  But the undrilled will remain undrilled.


 

 

post #33 of 57

well, here's the old and the new....

 

IMG_0135.JPG

 

IMG_0130.JPG

 

IMG_0132.JPG

post #34 of 57

Pretty cool, I remember when all you saw were Rossi 4s and K2 KVCs.  Not much chance of seeing a KVC remix since they seem to have given up on go fast skis

post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View PostPretty cool, I remember when all you saw were Rossi 4s and K2 KVCs.  Not much chance of seeing a KVC remix since they seem to have given up on go fast skis


K2 KVC KV Comp 180a.jpg

post #36 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

K2 KVC KV Comp 180a.jpg


Nice, but lets see the tips ;)   I think I went through 3 pairs of them under warranty plus a set of EIS.  Tips delaminated on all of them.
 

 

post #37 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjeep View Post

Nice, but lets see the tips ;)   I think I went through 3 pairs of them under warranty plus a set of EIS.  Tips delaminated on all of them. 

 



K2 KVC tips.jpg

 

K2 KVC KV Comp.jpg

 

K2s 2010.JPG

 

 

post #38 of 57

Wow, nice collection. 

post #39 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

K2 KVC tips.jpg

 

K2 KVC KV Comp.jpg

 

K2s 2010.JPG

 

 


I still need a 610...I think you owe me. 

 

post #40 of 57



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post

I still need a 610...I think you owe me. 

 



I'll watch Ziggy for ya anytime.......wink.gif

 

post #41 of 57
I don't see any real 710s up there either.
post #42 of 57

Evo has them now for 299.99 less 20%

post #43 of 57

Hey Rossi Smash

 

How do the Replicas Ski?  My wife got them for me last week as a surprise early Xmas gift based upon price at EVO.  Love the colors and memories but I do want a decent ski since this will be my primary skis.  I am an advanced skier and will be skiing groomed terrains and bumps and will probably get out 5-10 times this year.  I would ski Powder but cannot bank on it given my location and unreliability of powder existing when I show up to the resort.  Thanks.

post #44 of 57
post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSkier69 View Post

Hey Rossi Smash

 

How do the Replicas Ski?  My wife got them for me last week as a surprise early Xmas gift based upon price at EVO.  Love the colors and memories but I do want a decent ski since this will be my primary skis.  I am an advanced skier and will be skiing groomed terrains and bumps and will probably get out 5-10 times this year.  I would ski Powder but cannot bank on it given my location and unreliability of powder existing when I show up to the resort.  Thanks.



I got no snow!

 

See Philpug's review above. I will get out on them in January for sure!

 

 

post #46 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post


I still need a 610...I think you owe me. 

 



Boone, NC Salvation Army had 610s yesterday.  Also had those crazy Looks and a pair of sweet Yahoo IIs (terrible binding for them though).

 

Boone Salvation Army 12-2012.jpg

post #47 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post



Boone, NC Salvation Army had 610s yesterday.  Also had those crazy Looks and a pair of sweet Yahoo IIs (terrible binding for them though).

 

Boone Salvation Army 12-2012.jpg

YES< I need the 610's and also the Marker M40 Sensomatics. Sure, the look skis too. I will cover shipping. 
 

 

post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post



Boone, NC Salvation Army had 610s yesterday.  Also had those crazy Looks and a pair of sweet Yahoo IIs (terrible binding for them though).

 

Boone Salvation Army 12-2012.jpg



Hey, those look like my LOOK's (except they are slightly different)

 

Look 99RS 1984.jpg

 

post #49 of 57

OK guys here is the contact info.  Sorry, I'm 180 miles away from there or I'd pick them up for you..

 

 

Quote:

Salvation Army Thrift Store

(828) 963-2027

2422 US Hwy 321 S
Boone, NC 28607

 

post #50 of 57

 

Whenever I see white Tyrolias, I instantly reach for the sheet:

 

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml88/88011.html

 

 

(Yes, I'm fully aware that the /skis/ are newer than that)

post #51 of 57

Here they are with a more period looking binding mounted to them. While the MRR's are not currently indemnified, I personally would have no problem skiing them.

IMG_0356.jpg

post #52 of 57

This is what the first 4S looked like. Either 84 or 85, can't remember. Went through a couple pairs of 203s. The 3G looked very similar. But if you get the Teal Model you MUST also get the matching poles Rossi produced.

 

BC0235.jpg

 

 

post #53 of 57

do you know how much the old style is worth

post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris coupland View Post

do you know how much the old style is worth



$5-50...Usually less than the cost of shipping. redface.gif Unless you find someone who MUST have them and they are perfect. 

post #55 of 57

I grabbed my 203 4S's new in 1989 with the Tyrolia 590 RDDs.  I still take them out a couple times a year, as they were light years ahead of the pack back then in my opinion.  They ride like they're on rails to this day, even after taking a ton of punishment back in the race days.  Probably not worth much, but priceless to me.   

post #56 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoofard View Post

I grabbed my 203 4S's new in 1989 with the Tyrolia 590 RDDs.  I still take them out a couple times a year, as they were light years ahead of the pack back then in my opinion.  They ride like they're on rails to this day, even after taking a ton of punishment back in the race days.  Probably not worth much, but priceless to me.   


Meh, I prefered the Dynastar Course (Comp ? memory fails me) SL with the chicken hearts for quick turns, although the 4S did last quite a few days longer when used.  For GS, imho the Fischer RC4 Vacuums were way ahead of it and the 4G in terms of stability, but I suppose the 4S was a good compromise between the quick Dynastar and the stable Fischer. 

 

post #57 of 57

Ah yes, the Dynastar "Chicken Hearts" from their Contact System line, and Fischer RC4s; how did I forget those?  I recall really liking the RC4s as well. 
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Rossignol 4s Kevlar ski