So this past weekend I tried decided to try snowboarding for the first time. Before I get bombarded I was taking a friend up to the mountain for his first time and since I would be spenidng all my time on the greens and blues anyways I may as well try it.(Did I mention this friend was from Honduras and had never seen snow before this eyar but thats a nother story).
Anyways, I came to several conclusions after my day of trial.
1. Skiing is infinetly better
2. Snowboarding is not that hard and certainly isn't any harder.(To those who claim the fact that u fall more means its harder: What do u expect when u strap both feet to a single board, you have no way of regaining balance.)
3. Skiers are often times inconsiderate to boarders. I don't mean directly or verbally but for example I was obviously new to boarding and when I would attempt to get on lifts no one made any effort to make easier for me and gave me dirty looks if even happened to tap their skis.
4. Snowboards do not have the same mauneverability as skis so that means when they get cut off (intentionally or not) it is extremly hard to avoid people.
5. Why the hell would you want to put up wiht all the hassel
Finally I happy to let everyone know that my friend decide that boarding sucks and that he would learn to ski next time when we went.
I just thought it was interesting being on the other side of things and though I would share my experience with everyone.