EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Would anyone like to donate skis to me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would anyone like to donate skis to me?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

I am a size 9.5 and am in desperate need of a donation of a pair of skis. They wont go to waste.

post #2 of 18

So you join today, post a bunch of times, then ask for free skis and have no clue what you're talking about?

post #3 of 18

Could I suggest finding some cheap skis on Craigslist? 

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by trjrfly View Post

 

...They wont go to waste.

 

Actually, they probably would go to waste.

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

thanks for the suggestion sierraskier!

post #6 of 18

I do have a lot of friends with not much cash that we like to take skiing a handful of times per year...and like them, I think you should be renting...  I think most ski hills have a promotional day or two when they offer half priced lift tickets and/or rentals.  The closest hill here as 2 for 1 lift tickets and rentals on Saturday nights - I think that's the type of deal you're looking for... 

 

You might be able to find some dirt cheap equipment that's 10+ years old in the classifieds, but I can't imagine it being very enjoyable unless the boots are a miraculous fit and you already know how to ski old skis.  At least with rentals, you'll get 1 day of skiing with equipment that reasonably fits... whereas you might not get that at all with people's antique ski gear. 

 

When you find yourself skiing regularily, you will probably be able to afford your own equipment... the lift tickets alone aren't cheap.

post #7 of 18

Like Warren Miller has said numerous times in his films, "You want your skis... go get them."

post #8 of 18

Hahaha, yeah me too...  Anybody want to donate a pair of Lhasas to the "Underpaid and overworked wannabe ski bum fund"???  C'MON!  NO TAKERS?!?!?  This place sucks! 

post #9 of 18

One pair of Dynastar Serie Outlands, 180cm, only drilled twice. No bindings. Free for collection in Lommedalen, just west of Oslo, Norway.

post #10 of 18

shouldn't this be in the "humor" section? 

post #11 of 18

I have a pair of 175 cm K2 EPX Carbon 7.9 that have about two hours on them.  I don't have spare bindings though.  Send me a box with a pre-paid return postage label inside and I'll sent them to you. 

 

But, you could get something similar WITH bindings for less than the shipping in Craigslist.

post #12 of 18

I have some 130cm Volkl skis that my daughter is done with...former rentals that I bought at a ski swap for $25. They're a little beat up but still solid, were fine for her to learn on until she demanded (new) twin tips.

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Work View Post

 

Hahaha, yeah me too...  Anybody want to donate a pair of Lhasas to the "Underpaid and overworked wannabe ski bum fund"???  C'MON!  NO TAKERS?!?!?  This place sucks! 


 

NP DW just send a self addressed stamped envolope to me capable of holding a pair of skis and I'll get them out right away on my next "Postal" run

post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi View Post

 

I have some 130cm Volkl skis that my daughter is done with...former rentals that I bought at a ski swap for $25. They're a little beat up but still solid, were fine for her to learn on until she demanded (new) twin tips.


 

For real? Or are you just joking. if not Ill take them

post #15 of 18

Try posting over at www.tetongravity.com .  They're famous for selling gear for "a six-pack".

post #16 of 18

Yeah, but they're not as kind as we are.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post

 

Try posting over at www.tetongravity.com .  They're famous for selling gear for "a six-pack".

 

post #17 of 18

Looks like a lot of us have 'extra' or 'old' skis lying around.  So here goes.  198cm 1995/6(?) Rossignol 5SV's with Marker M51SC bindings.  These skis are in mint condition.  Would like to one day mount them on a wall as a book/picture shelf if my wife would let me.  If you want them....they're at my parent's garage in Toronto.   Hope you're not a beginner!!!

post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnr328i View Post

 

Looks like a lot of us have 'extra' or 'old' skis lying around.  So here goes.  198cm 1995/6(?) Rossignol 5SV's with Marker M51SC bindings.  These skis are in mint condition.  Would like to one day mount them on a wall as a book/picture shelf if my wife would let me.  If you want them....they're at my parent's garage in Toronto.   Hope you're not a beginner!!!


 

If you are being serious.... I will take them! Unfortunately I live in New Jersey (near many great ski resorts) so can you ship them too me?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Would anyone like to donate skis to me?