Skied Alta Thursday and Friday foot of fresh had a great time! Missed the dump coming tomorrow had to come home but looking for the next one after that!
Related Forum Threads
- Rent vs Old Equipment Last post on 10/13/16 at 7:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Utah in February with family...confused where to go!?!? Last post on 9/24/16 at 2:59pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Alta, Deer Valley, or Snowbird? [early season family trip, beginner/intermediate] Last post on 7/18/16 at 2:22pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Epic Utah snow - Page 2post #31 of 423/8/09 at 5:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 423/10/09 at 6:19ampost #33 of 423/10/09 at 4:47pm
A lot of the new snow was wind-packed this morning, so the top 2-4" was chunky (for lack of a better word). But there were exceptions if you hunted around. Skies cleared up around 11am, and it ended up being an awesome day. I actually thought the afternoon conditions were better than the morning, especially if you like skiing crud and bumps.
Several major areas (Devil's Castle, Cecret Saddle, all of Backside) are still closed, so there will be first tracks opportunities in the coming days as they open them up.post #34 of 423/10/09 at 6:06pmpost #35 of 423/10/09 at 6:38pm
It was um...good today. Skied PCMR. Freshies or near freshies all day from front side to the back bowls. Everything was open.
Sounds like half of Alta was closed today. Tomorrow is going to be outstanding. The snow is light blower with just enough wind compression to give it a nice spring out of the turn = hero snow. I heard that Brighton reported the highest totals, over two feet, but it was pretty much bottomless everywhere, I imagine.post #36 of 423/10/09 at 6:46pmpost #37 of 423/11/09 at 6:53ampost #38 of 423/11/09 at 1:27pmpost #39 of 423/11/09 at 3:34pmpost #40 of 423/12/09 at 5:53pm
Just returned from a wonderful weak of Wasatch skiing. Skiied at Alta on Tuesday after the 2 ft. dump. The snow was great and got tracked out very quick with much of the good stuff not opened. The snow was good all week and it was beautiful bluebird powder conditions.post #41 of 423/13/09 at 7:40am
Glad it snowed for you. You hit it right got the powder early in the week so you could ski it all week. How were the conditions the last day or so?
I am trying to figure out when to go back but timing it with a storm is like trying to figure out what mag cover Michelle Obama will be on next.post #42 of 423/13/09 at 10:02am
the last day we skiied at deer valley (ugh...yes i know). it was a good bit warmer that day so the snow was a little heavier and crusty in areas. but on daly chutes, the snow was still really good, just a bit chopped up. I was very impressed with the snow all 5 days of skiing. The temps. were cold so the snow stayed great.
- Epic Utah snow
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 7 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 17 minutes ago
- › how to adjsut Rossignol Power 10C axial front binding 30 minutes ago
- › FS: Jackets, Hats, Gloves, & Mittens 47 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 51 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 52 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 1 hour ago
- › All mountain twin tip plus park ski? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › FS: Dalbello Viper 120 ski boots, 26.5, worn twice!! 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer