Skied Alta Thursday and Friday foot of fresh had a great time! Missed the dump coming tomorrow had to come home but looking for the next one after that!
Related Forum Threads
- Spring vacation trip ideas, for a family with beginners, intermediates, and advanced skiers Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 Last post on 3/23/17 at 6:05pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- April Skiing with kids help Last post on 2/25/17 at 6:53pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- JH Steep and Deep vs Alta Powder Tracks vs. ? Last post on 2/20/17 at 7:10am in General Skiing Discussion
- New to Salt Lake City Last post on 2/20/17 at 12:35pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Alta - An Unofficial GuideLast edited: 10/23/13
- Powder 8 Tracks In Cody BowlLast edited: 9/12/16
- Powder Skis And Skier SizeLast edited: 11/24/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Epic Utah snow - Page 2post #31 of 423/8/09 at 5:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 423/10/09 at 6:19ampost #33 of 423/10/09 at 4:47pm
A lot of the new snow was wind-packed this morning, so the top 2-4" was chunky (for lack of a better word). But there were exceptions if you hunted around. Skies cleared up around 11am, and it ended up being an awesome day. I actually thought the afternoon conditions were better than the morning, especially if you like skiing crud and bumps.
Several major areas (Devil's Castle, Cecret Saddle, all of Backside) are still closed, so there will be first tracks opportunities in the coming days as they open them up.post #34 of 423/10/09 at 6:06pmpost #35 of 423/10/09 at 6:38pm
It was um...good today. Skied PCMR. Freshies or near freshies all day from front side to the back bowls. Everything was open.
Sounds like half of Alta was closed today. Tomorrow is going to be outstanding. The snow is light blower with just enough wind compression to give it a nice spring out of the turn = hero snow. I heard that Brighton reported the highest totals, over two feet, but it was pretty much bottomless everywhere, I imagine.post #36 of 423/10/09 at 6:46pmpost #37 of 423/11/09 at 6:53ampost #38 of 423/11/09 at 1:27pmpost #39 of 423/11/09 at 3:34pmpost #40 of 423/12/09 at 5:53pm
Just returned from a wonderful weak of Wasatch skiing. Skiied at Alta on Tuesday after the 2 ft. dump. The snow was great and got tracked out very quick with much of the good stuff not opened. The snow was good all week and it was beautiful bluebird powder conditions.post #41 of 423/13/09 at 7:40am
Glad it snowed for you. You hit it right got the powder early in the week so you could ski it all week. How were the conditions the last day or so?
I am trying to figure out when to go back but timing it with a storm is like trying to figure out what mag cover Michelle Obama will be on next.post #42 of 423/13/09 at 10:02am
the last day we skiied at deer valley (ugh...yes i know). it was a good bit warmer that day so the snow was a little heavier and crusty in areas. but on daly chutes, the snow was still really good, just a bit chopped up. I was very impressed with the snow all 5 days of skiing. The temps. were cold so the snow stayed great.
- Epic Utah snow
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Alta - An Unofficial Guide
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 7 seconds ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 4 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 6 minutes ago
- › MA my bump skiing 12 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Oregon Ski Safari : 60 years old. 50 years of skiing... 13 minutes ago
- › Anyone still ski and love vintage equipment? 22 minutes ago
- › Summit County 4/11-13 35 minutes ago
- › Review: Parlor Kingfisher 105 in medium and stiff flexes 2016-2017 37 minutes ago
- › Demo day at Crystal, March 25, 2017 41 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 43 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview