I'm looking for the nice detailed Snowbasin guide that was posted a while back. I tried the in house search and searching with Google using site:www.epicski.com with no luck. Can anybody help?
- itemSnowbasintagged by System, 5/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- SLC Mar 3-6 Potential Plan Last post on 3/6/17 at 8:39pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Snowbasin/PowMou on Liftopia? Last post on 2/17/17 at 3:49pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Ten Days Of The Best Snow On Earth Last post on 2/5/17 at 10:32pm in Trip Reports
- First trip to powmow/snow basin/ogden 1/24-1/27 Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:10pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Ski Adventure Road Trip - Four States in One Week Last post on 1/20/17 at 5:41am in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Tim Eastley
Last edited: 12/19/16
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial GuideLast edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Looking for the guide to Snowbasinpost #1 of 152/13/09 at 9:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/14/09 at 6:52ampost #3 of 152/14/09 at 7:42ampost #4 of 152/14/09 at 11:00amThread Starterpost #5 of 152/14/09 at 12:57pm
While that guide is very useful, I would suggest PM'ing 4ster and hiring him to show you around. I was at Snowbasin last Tuesday with my brother and friend. We hired 4ster for a 2 hour private lesson so he could mostly show us around. It is a great deal if you have several people. Snowbasin gives you 30% off the first person if you pay with an Amex card and each additional person is only $30. He showed us places we could have never found on our own. This is our tracks off of No Name Peak where he took us.
He was great to ski with and offered some excellent tips. It was well worth the money but I would recommend that you be at least a level 7/8 skier to make it worth your while.post #6 of 152/15/09 at 1:41am
A. Find the Mountain Ambassador name "Kevin", he can show you around.
B. Arrive hungry, the breakfast burrito's are great
C. Make sure you use the bathrooms. (nothing to do with item "B")post #7 of 152/15/09 at 4:43ampost #8 of 152/15/09 at 6:33ampost #9 of 152/15/09 at 7:05amQuote:
B.+ The burgers are pretty awesome at lunchtime too!
C.+ Those bathrooms are way nice! It's a ski resort and they may be the nicest I've ever been in.
D. The skiing is great!post #10 of 152/15/09 at 8:57ampost #11 of 152/15/09 at 5:29pm
Here are a few Snowbasin pictures from this season, in no particular order.
Looking across from Wildcat ridge toward Porcupine lift & mt. Ogden with Allen Pk. & Mens DH start to the right.
The view of No Name Pk. from the base area. Allen Pk. in the background.
The West side of Snowbasin from the access road.
Sisters, from Moonlight ridge in Strawberry.
Looking up the Allen Pk. tramline.
Looking up the bottom of No Name after an early season 1st tracks run.
Thanks for the props Pwdrhnd & cfr,
JFpost #12 of 152/15/09 at 11:11pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the tips and pictures. Am planning to be there Sunday March 15 if all goes as planed. Maybe more days if it all comes together. Just gotta get on some descent snow after all the ice here in the PNW.post #13 of 152/16/09 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/16/09 at 6:02pm
- Looking for the guide to Snowbasin
- Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 19 minutes ago
- › MA this intermediate(ish) senior skier 22 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 26 minutes ago
- › Best name for a run... 34 minutes ago
- › Skis you can't or won't part with 42 minutes ago
- › Lech am Arlberg, March 3rd-11th 49 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › The 2017 Oregon Ski Safari : 60 years old. 50 years of skiing... 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Dynastar Speed Omeglass SL WC with PX15 Bindings - 155 cm 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Not sure if my liner is packed out, boot's flex too soft, or I'm... 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview