I'm looking for the nice detailed Snowbasin guide that was posted a while back. I tried the in house search and searching with Google using site:www.epicski.com with no luck. Can anybody help?
- itemSnowbasintagged by System, 5/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin Last post on Yesterday at 6:35 pm in Skiing News
- First ski trip to Utah March 19-24 Last post on 3/27/16 at 9:06am in Trip Reports
- Game plan for Snowbasin Easter Sunday? Last post on 3/27/16 at 8:23pm in General Skiing Discussion
Snowbasin, UT Unofficial Guide
Last edited: 4/8/14
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing SnowbasinLast edited: 4/26/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Snowbasin Guide To Skiing Snowbasin
Looking for the guide to Snowbasin
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While that guide is very useful, I would suggest PM'ing 4ster and hiring him to show you around. I was at Snowbasin last Tuesday with my brother and friend. We hired 4ster for a 2 hour private lesson so he could mostly show us around. It is a great deal if you have several people. Snowbasin gives you 30% off the first person if you pay with an Amex card and each additional person is only $30. He showed us places we could have never found on our own. This is our tracks off of No Name Peak where he took us.
He was great to ski with and offered some excellent tips. It was well worth the money but I would recommend that you be at least a level 7/8 skier to make it worth your while.
A. Find the Mountain Ambassador name "Kevin", he can show you around.
B. Arrive hungry, the breakfast burrito's are great
C. Make sure you use the bathrooms. (nothing to do with item "B")
B.+ The burgers are pretty awesome at lunchtime too!
C.+ Those bathrooms are way nice! It's a ski resort and they may be the nicest I've ever been in.
D. The skiing is great!
Here are a few Snowbasin pictures from this season, in no particular order.
Looking across from Wildcat ridge toward Porcupine lift & mt. Ogden with Allen Pk. & Mens DH start to the right.
The view of No Name Pk. from the base area. Allen Pk. in the background.
The West side of Snowbasin from the access road.
Sisters, from Moonlight ridge in Strawberry.
Looking up the Allen Pk. tramline.
Looking up the bottom of No Name after an early season 1st tracks run.
Thanks for the props Pwdrhnd & cfr,
Thanks for all the tips and pictures. Am planning to be there Sunday March 15 if all goes as planed. Maybe more days if it all comes together. Just gotta get on some descent snow after all the ice here in the PNW.
- Looking for the guide to Snowbasin
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 26 seconds ago
- › Bomberskiclinic stowe / Alta lodge powder tracks 3 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Where to ski to see majestic mountains out West (for intermediate... 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › When to grind the base. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Are 4 Snow Tires Needed on a Front Wheel Drive Car 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer