EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Anyone else pull their boot strap inside the shell?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone else pull their boot strap inside the shell?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

When I was buying my boots the bootfitter suggested I try it.

 

You step in, put the strap under the outside shell and pull it tight, then you buckle after. Seems to hold my foot a little better.

 

Any comments?

post #2 of 11

if it works for you, great.

 

Can help with skinny legs, or boots too big, or making a boot softer, or prevent shin bang

 

you can also add a booster to the outside of the boot too, you might like that too.

post #3 of 11

That's how the aftermarket Booster Straps are generally used.  That system works even better because the strap streaches in the front.

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntlion View Post

 

if it works for you, great.

 

Can help with skinny legs, or boots too big, or making a boot softer, or prevent shin bang

 

you can also add a booster to the outside of the boot too, you might like that too.

 

Yup I definitely have skinny legs and feel this helps out a bit.

 

Care to explain how it helps make the boot softer? I dont quite understand that one. If anything wouldnt it make the boot harder to flex?

post #5 of 11

Another vote here for replacing the usual velcro strap with an elastic Booster Strap...two layer Standard for most skiers, three layer Expert for bigger, heavier, or hard charging skiers.  Yes, strap inside the plastic of the front of the cuff, or cut that plastic away.

post #6 of 11

I hate the tops of my boots to be tight.  I'm am a pro ankle flex type skier.  I often don't even bucke the top buckles at all.

 

That said, most folks I know prefer the booster strap inside the shell right on the liner.  I'm thinkng about cutting mine off altogether.

post #7 of 11

I pull my strap tight under the outer shell. I have very skinny legs, and I was getting a fair amount of shin bang. My bootfitter suggested doing it this way, and it seems to help.  

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski Diva View Post

 

I pull my strap tight under the outer shell. I have very skinny legs, and I was getting a fair amount of shin bang. My bootfitter suggested doing it this way, and it seems to help.  

 Try using a booster. It works even better. You can get it snug so the tongue is right on your shin, but you still have give in the elastic.

post #9 of 11

Careful, putting the strap inside makes the stance a bit more upright.  If that is what you need, great, otherwise forget it, and keep it on the outside.

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post

 

Careful, putting the strap inside makes the stance a bit more upright.  If that is what you need, great, otherwise forget it, and keep it on the outside.

 

How would I be able to tell what it is I need? :(

post #11 of 11

Boosters on the inside here as well, stops my gangly chicken legs getting too much shinbang.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Anyone else pull their boot strap inside the shell?