While I was away on (yet another) business trip in January, my family awoke with headaches. Later in the morning, my son noticed that the CO monitors were showing 14 (as in 14PPM CO) and so Terry took action and called the company that had just worked on our boiler. It turns out that they had made an error in the installation of a part, and the exhaust was not being blown out properly. The readings near the boiler were well over 200 PPM, and it's near where Terry exercises most mornings. Thankfully, not that morning!
I want to remind you that CO is a silent killer. Even when you're traveling, you might want to take along a portable CO monitor. The $25-$50 could save your life or the lives of those you love.
I am even more grateful every day for Terry and the kids. I could have come home to a tragically empty house.