Sure. Not exactly 1-click, but not too hard:
1. Install Adblock Plus (you of course have to be using Mozilla FireFox or Mozilla SeaMonkey Suite for this.)
2. Then when the browser restarts after the Adblock extension installs, Adblock will open up a tab and prompt you to add a subscription to filters. Choose the EasyList (USA) or the appropriate one for your location.
3. Click on the ABP "StopSign" Icon which will open up the ABP window.
4. Click the "Filters" menu and select "Import Filters..."
5. Navigate to where you've saved a text file that was just a copy and paste of everything between what I labeled as !**** Start of Rules **** and !**** End of Rules ****, All of the comments, including the description of rules I included are prefixed with a ! which "comments them out" so Adblock won't interpret them as comments.
6. When Adblock asks if you want to replace or append to the end of your current rules, chose Append.
7. One last step: You need to disable the subscription rules that are in effect. I noted them in my post but here they are again.
You can do this by going to EpicSki.com. Then right-click on the ABP Stop Sign choosing "Open blockable items". That will open up a pane at the bottom of the browser with everything that is blocked in red. Right-click on each of the above and choose "Disable filter..."
That will disable the subscription-based filter for those items. But the epicski-specific-exclusion version of those filters in the filter list I provided will enable them everywhere except www.epicski.com.
Note that if you don't happen to get a div of google text ads served up, you won't see the
appear at all to disable, because Epic served up a banner ad instead. Then the next time you load a page, you might see a google text ad box in the header or on the side but without any google text ads actually in it. Once you get one of those, go thru the "open blockable items" again and disable that rule. Reload or click to another page, and the next time you get served up a google text ad box, it will show the EpicSki-specific Google ads.
Sorry this is so complicated. But it seems to work fine and balances seeing most Epic ads to help the site, while allowing you still to block specific ads you don't like.
Remember, if you use Adblock Plus but don't want to block ANY ads at EpicSki, you don't have to do any of this. Just right-click on the ABP Stop Sign and click on "Disable on www.epicski.com" and you'll see everything.
edit: I do have the EpicSki filterset with the exceptions saved to a file and tested on another of my computers, but I'm not sure how to upload a non-image-type file.
Edited by MarkXS - Fri, 06 Feb 09 05:10:22 GMT