New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Server not found - Page 2

post #31 of 48

Alas, Only the Win 7 machne is connecting well (with both IE8 and FF3).  The Vista bombed out after about 10 minutes. The XP didn't do much better Go ahead and send Big Louie over to have a talk with them.

post #32 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

 

My home experience is noticibly improved this evening (not on VPN).  Did one of you drive out here and KICK the Verizon servers?

I'm wondering if a major peering issue got resolved. Mine is much better, too. I'm going to chat with some of the guys I know who might be a bit more "inside" the Internet than I am any more and see if they know anything...

post #33 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh View Post

 

 

I'm wondering if a major peering issue got resolved. Mine is much better, too. I'm going to chat with some of the guys I know who might be a bit more "inside" the Internet than I am any more and see if they know anything...

Oh, well, at least for me I spoke too soon. I'm going to bed. It just slowed down again as I was catching up around here... 

post #34 of 48
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfarmer View Post

 

When's the last time you had an issue?

This morning, approx 8:15am PST. Usual error message (screen shot earlier in thread). Unable to connect for about a minute (tried 4 or 5 times, then started working fine).

post #35 of 48

We made some changes this evening that may help.

post #36 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfarmer View Post

 

We made some changes this evening that may help.

What did you change?

post #37 of 48

Just some minor changes to how some of Apache processes were being handled.  Let us know if you notice anything behave differently.

post #38 of 48

The performance for me here at home has changed pretty dramatically (so far... fingers crossed) and is much better than it had been. 

post #39 of 48

I loaded Safari this evening and am having considerably better performance so far. No clue why it is so much better, other than probable lack of so many web bugs sending marketing info about my browsing.  We'll see how it does after using it for a week or two.

post #40 of 48

Well, that party didn't last long.  I got this after about 20 minutes on one of my XP machines.  

Safari can’t open the page.

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.epicski.com/forum/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding.

 

It did only seem to leave me locked out for about 3 or 4 minutes. 

post #41 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

 

Well, that party didn't last long.  I got this after about 20 minutes on one of my XP machines.  

 

Safari can’t open the page.

 

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.epicski.com/forum/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding.

 

It did only seem to leave me locked out for about 3 or 4 minutes. 

Just bombed out one time so far with Safari.  I'm thinking Safari is the best solution for me.  I hope others are also having better luck.  Pages seem to be loading a bit faster with all browsers.  Ironically, now my work machine on VPN is the slowest loading the epic pages.  But, they do always load.

post #42 of 48

Four or five times this afternoon/evening I'm getting this, Win XP and Win Ult 7 using Safari 3 and 4 browsers.  Seems to resolve itself when I click back and reload.

 

 

SYSTEM

 

ERROR


We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us via email atsupport@huddler.com. Thanks!

You can go back and try again.
post #43 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

Four or five times this afternoon/evening I'm getting this, Win XP and Win Ult 7 using Safari 3 and 4 browsers.  Seems to resolve itself when I click back and reload.

 

 

SYSTEM

 

ERROR


We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us via email atsupport@huddler.com. Thanks!

You can go back and try again.

 

Hi crgildart,

 

Thanks for letting us know.  To properly diagnose and fix the problem, we'll need the URL of the page you're trying to access.  If it happens again, if you could copy and paste the exact URL from your browser into this thread or a PM, that would be much appreciated.

 

Thanks for your help!

post #44 of 48
post #45 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

http://www.epicski.com/index.phpIDList=

 

Great, thanks!  Do you happen to remember where you're accessing that link? 

post #46 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post

http://www.epicski.com/index.phpIDList=

It looks like you have a bad bookmark.

post #47 of 48

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfarmer View Post

 

It looks like you have a bad bookmark.


It worked fine before today. I did updates that included IE today but that was a bookmark from Safari.  I will update it and move on.

post #48 of 48
Thread Starter 

(sorry for interrupting the active chain immediately above)

An update from the OP..."server not found" got less frequent, then stopped. No problems for 30+ days.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Bug Report