I'm not officially starting a petition to revert back to v1.0 but I'm struggling to see the facelift as an improvement. I've watched the Site Tour...the enhanced profile features, the wiki integration, etc., but they're more fluff to me than a meat and potatoes - my experience is so much better now kind of changes.
Here's my gripes...Feel free to show me the improvements I'm ignoring -
- I can see the nice big 24hr Fitness ad better but the Fonts are too tiny on my 1280x1024 monitor.
- The forum pane is fixed width, which at my resolution means the pane occupies only half of my screen width. That 24Hr Fitness ad? Takes up almost a third.
- No advanced search option. Goodbye searching by forum or member name. The search results as is don't list the forum the topic was created, nor does it display author, date created or modified.
- No more topic preview?
- Anyone else find the white background a bit sterile and too bright? Where's my goggles?
- We need a quick reply option. The reply window takes too long to load.
- How can you multi-quote?
That's the major points that come to mind. I'm going to give it some time to see if v2.0 grows on me.
Edited by Magnus_CA - Sun, 01 Feb 09 07:10:16 GMT
Edited by Magnus_CA - Sun, 01 Feb 09 07:11:38 GMT