EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Backyard Chairlift (pictures)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Backyard Chairlift (pictures)

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Here is my backyard chairlift from Donner Ski Ranch, Donner Summit Lake Tahoe circa 1950 now residing in Northern Idaho.
Pictures are October - bare, December - a little snow and December having a Corona.

Oops wrong pictures sorry still learning this picture thing
525x525px-LL-vbattach4717.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4718.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4719.jpg
525x525px-LL-vbattach4720.jpg
post #2 of 13
Pete, that is inspired!
post #3 of 13
I love how he has over 2000 posts but still can't figure this out. You'll get there... so close!
post #4 of 13
so, its a lift chair sitting on the ground with a cable running thru it right ?

not bad, but if a person's really mad; they should hook up a pully system to pull the chair back and forth. now, i'm really mad; but i dont think my condo association will go for it; but when i buy a house; watch out.
post #5 of 13
deja vu?
post #6 of 13
In December - having a coronary? Hope not.

Seriously, looks nice. And far more complicated than most chairlifts I've rode.
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 

Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiking4 View Post
I love how he has over 2000 posts but still can't figure this out. You'll get there... so close!
Yes, oh so true, but as you will notice I rarely quit trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skicougar View Post
so, its a lift chair sitting on the ground with a cable running thru it right ?

not bad, but if a person's really mad; they should hook up a pully system to pull the chair back and forth. now, i'm really mad; but i dont think my condo association will go for it; but when i buy a house; watch out.
That thought entered my mind but? Would have in about one year bent the hell out of that tree, ripped the deck railing right off my house .

Sorry bears about repetition but this photo thing keeps alluding me. Have 2 great pics of chair covered in 2 feet of snow and can't figure out how to get on site. If anyone can tell me how to delete the post after I realize the photos didn't work let me know. When I hit edit, delete comes up and is gone, what do I do? Yes I am electronically impaired.
post #8 of 13
I was expecting a functional, tractor powered, backyard schralpmatic ski lift.

Nonetheless, this is cool too.
post #9 of 13
Niiice.

I wouldn't delete posts, I would just edit them so they have the pics.

Remember, copy the whole URL and delete the http:// that is in the pop up window, your original URL should (has to) have that.
post #10 of 13

here ya go Pete


post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete No. Idaho View Post
That thought entered my mind but? Would have in about one year bent the hell out of that tree, ripped the deck railing right off my house .
ok, well. that makes sense. not being a home owner, i hadnt thought it thru.

i'm still just crazy enough to try it myself yet if i buy a house with the right yard to do it.
post #12 of 13
Very cool porch chair. I particularly liked how you ran a cable for the chair to "hang" on. In the pic of you with your Gotamas, what are those upside-down wire baskets in the snow behind you?
post #13 of 13
Am i having deja-vu? Wasnt this posted last season, but now there are new dates?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Backyard Chairlift (pictures)