New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Breckenridge Lift Tickets

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Each year we purchase our tickets at City Market in Dillon or King Soopers somewhere else. However this year I see there are no discounts for 1 day tickets. I've seen the Peaks deal but wondered, how does one go about getting a discount ticket at Breck for 1 day at a time (we're hitting several places). I did the Pow platter thing which is great for Steamboat and Copper, but I've not seen anything comparable for Breck. At $92 a pop....it's gotten pricey to ski there.

On a related note, I remember skiing Vail back in the spring of 89 and being outraged that they were still charging full price when everyone else was discounted heavily.....I paid $36 for the ticket at the window :-)

Anyway, thanks for any help or info.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ24 View Post
Each year we purchase our tickets at City Market in Dillon or King Soopers somewhere else. However this year I see there are no discounts for 1 day tickets. I've seen the Peaks deal but wondered, how does one go about getting a discount ticket at Breck for 1 day at a time (we're hitting several places). I did the Pow platter thing which is great for Steamboat and Copper, but I've not seen anything comparable for Breck. At $92 a pop....it's gotten pricey to ski there.

On a related note, I remember skiing Vail back in the spring of 89 and being outraged that they were still charging full price when everyone else was discounted heavily.....I paid $36 for the ticket at the window :-)

Anyway, thanks for any help or info.
Last time I checked, which was two weeks ago, A-basin was still selling its bonus pass.

For $ 379 you'd get unlimited A-basin and four days at Breck, or Keystone and one day at Vail or BC.

At $ 92/97 a pop for the Vail resorts the thing will pay for itself in four days.

Plus you will be helping out A-basin, which is a great ski area.
post #3 of 19
You're right AJ24. No discounts on Breck/Keystone tickets until you get to 3 days or higher. I believe these are good for a day or two at Vail/BC also. If you are going to ski more than 5 days, the suggestion about buying an A-Basin pass with the Vail resorts days is a good one.
post #4 of 19
Here's by far the best discount you'll ever get...

Season pass holders have 6 "ski with a friend" discount tickets loaded on their pass. The passholder has to be present at any window when you buy the ticket(s). I just called the Breck ticket office 970-453-5000 and asked what the price is for tomorrow. It fluctuates but tomorrow (Saturday) it's only $55.

Those of us who renew our passes in the spring also have four add'l discounted passes which are always $50 at any VR ski area.

I think the regular Breck ticket price for tommorrow is $92.

So if you don't know a pass holder that will meet you, you could just find one walking to the hill near the window and offer $10 or whatever for each of the discounts. All he/she has to do is stand there while you buy your tickets. Most passholders don't use their discounts and many don't even know they have them.
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like finding a pass holder is the best bet....at least one of the cheapest ones :-)
post #6 of 19
A-Basin just added a "spring pass" that's basically the Bonus Pass, good for the rest of this season with five Breck/Keystone days (1 Vail/BC), for $279.
http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/...on-passes.aspx
post #7 of 19
If you know any military members they get a pretty heavy discount as well. Depending on the day their discount can be better than the season pass holders.

On another note if you are willing to wait till about 11 or so you can get people to give you their lift tickets as they leave for the day.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf210 View Post
On another note if you are willing to wait till about 11 or so you can get people to give you their lift tickets as they leave for the day.
Not recommended. It's illegal and they are serious about enforcing it.
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbd View Post
A-Basin just added a "spring pass" that's basically the Bonus Pass, good for the rest of this season with five Breck/Keystone days (1 Vail/BC), for $279.
http://www.arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/...on-passes.aspx
Thanks jrbd...that is an excellent deal!
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by breckview View Post
Not recommended. It's illegal and they are serious about enforcing it.
You can't resale lift tickets? I just assumed they were like concert tickets which you can sale as long as they don't exceed a certain profit.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf210 View Post
You can't resale lift tickets? I just assumed they were like concert tickets which you can sale as long as they don't exceed a certain profit.
Pretty sure they all say non-transferable. And skiing is different than concerts. There isn't a limited number of ski tickets available so you do cause the mountain to loose money.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
Pretty sure they all say non-transferable. And skiing is different than concerts. There isn't a limited number of ski tickets available so you do cause the mountain to loose money.
Thats true. I also assumed it was okay when we gave a guy a ticket right in front of the gondola and no one said anything
post #13 of 19
Yep - you can't even sell an unused ticket if you have an extra one for some reason. Don't seem fair if you havent' used it, but that's the way it is.

So, in reality, I guess you can't buy one for your friend and then have him pay you the cash later. In the most narrow sense of the non-transferrable terms, this would be illegal.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyymc View Post
So, in reality, I guess you can't buy one for your friend and then have him pay you the cash later. In the most narrow sense of the non-transferrable terms, this would be illegal.
I think in Colorado, the moment the ticket is scanned at a lift it becomes a contract between that skier and the area. If a ticket hasn't been scanned you can "sell it" as you describe above.
post #15 of 19
ugh...why couldn't a-basin release that a day earlier? Thats an awesome deal.

I just paid $332 for a five day breck pass for next week. Not a bad deal either as you get 5 days at either breck, keystone or a-basin with the option of 2 of those at vail/bc.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by COSkiGirl View Post
Pretty sure they all say non-transferable. And skiing is different than concerts. There isn't a limited number of ski tickets available so you do cause the mountain to loose money.
O just as a point of argument. Couldn't you say that inf act the resort does not lose money or possibly gains money? The ticket covers the cost of a skier for one day. As long as the people are the hill at different times the resort services the equivalent of one person. Now if that first person was to buy some amount of food at a on hill restaurant and then give his ticket away later and that person also ate a restaurant the resort would have a higher net profit. They still service the equivalent of one full day skier with the can of two people eating.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf210 View Post
O just as a point of argument. Couldn't you say that inf act the resort does not lose money or possibly gains money? The ticket covers the cost of a skier for one day. As long as the people are the hill at different times the resort services the equivalent of one person. Now if that first person was to buy some amount of food at a on hill restaurant and then give his ticket away later and that person also ate a restaurant the resort would have a higher net profit. They still service the equivalent of one full day skier with the can of two people eating.
Well, I'd venture a guess that most of the time if someone doesn't luck out and get a cheap ticket when they're standing there suited up ready to ski they'd go to the ticket window and buy a ticket. Not many people who don't have passes are going to show up at a resort, gear in hand and on body and walk away if they don't find someone selling a ticket.
post #18 of 19

I am planning a trip to Breckenridge during the first week in March and the discussion about the A-basin spring pass w/ the 5 days at Breck caught my eye.  I checked their web site for the pass and it now says it comes with 5 days at Bear Valley, CA, not Breckenridge.  Can somebody confirm that the location is now different or am I not looking at the right place?  Thank you guys.

post #19 of 19

They sold out of the A-Basin Bonus Pass which is the one referenced here earlier with the days at Breck.  I think your best bet now is to get a multi-day ticket from the Breck website.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Resorts, Conditions & Travel