or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › What kind of Hart goes into picking Graphix?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What kind of Hart goes into picking Graphix? - Page 3

Poll Results: Which Graphix for TC

Poll expired: Mar 22, 2009  
  • 20% (5)
    Pulse
  • 16% (4)
    Beat
  • 62% (15)
    Cheetah
24 Total Votes  
post #61 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barnes View Post
Like I said, they really are the same shape--more like the Cheetah in these images, with the rounded tail (although it's really not quite as round as in this picture). The shape of the Pulse and Beat pictured here is just wrong!

Best regards,
Bob
I kinda thought that, especially after having had the Pulse in my hands last weekend.

See you in a little over a week, eh?
post #62 of 108
Quote:
If I flex this ski while initiating a turn, will the decambering of the ski.............oh never mind
It's actually during the exit phase of the turn that the curvilinear crescent of resustentation effect is most pronounced....

(Don't ask!)

post #63 of 108
TC, you need new skis like you need a hole in your head.

You need to see a doctor.
post #64 of 108
Do they have a Cougar topsheet?
post #65 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
TC, you need new skis like you need a hole in your head.

You need to see a doctor.
Actually I do need new skis. I've sold a few of my longer pair that are in the overlap (mid fat range) and am buying One ski for up the middle that is shorter than my average pair.


Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post
Do they have a Cougar topsheet?
You got sumthin in mind
post #66 of 108
Sounds to me that if you are going skiing in Colorado with bumpfreak, that you might want to invest in a pair of F17's to help you hammer those bumps on Outhouse?

You are taking her down Outhouse aren't you Chris?
post #67 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
Sounds to me that if you are going skiing in Colorado with bumpfreak, that you might want to invest in a pair of F17's to help you hammer those bumps on Outhouse?

You are taking her down Outhouse aren't you Chris?
HAHA, My current quiver:
Blizzard Mag SL's(155)
Hart F17's (168)
Soft Bro's (174)


This ski is a 77 waist and will fill my midfat range in a 162 which will be an all around, "go to" ski.

Well rounded in the waist, and length.
post #68 of 108
Gosh Trek ... So many skis to choose from eh ?

As the proud owner of a 1 ski quiver ... I'm jealous !

The fact that you're asking opinions on graphics leads me to believe that maybe you're not entirely sold on any of them. Perhaps you should wait.

I know they don't give these skis away, so you better make sure you're gonna be happy with what you end up with. Disregard the poll results and just make your own decision ... cuz at the end of the day, you and only you, have to live with skis.

Good luck with your decision.

RMP
post #69 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP View Post
I know they don't give these skis away, so you better make sure you're gonna be happy with what you end up with. ... at the end of the day, you and only you, have to live with skis.
She doesn't keep any ski long enough to worry about whether she really "likes" it or not. That is a non-factor.
post #70 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P. Racer View Post
She doesn't keep any ski long enough to worry about whether she really "likes" it or not. That is a non-factor.
I resemble that remark!


Of course, you could be a contender in that category, eh?
post #71 of 108
As far as the title, a lot of heart and time and effort went into the graphix, mine in particular.

Unfortunately, they did not get produced as intended. It is a shame, it is one magnificent ski. Remember, mount it at least 2cm forward.
post #72 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
As far as the title, a lot of heart and time and effort went into the graphix, mine in particular.

Unfortunately, they did not get produced as intended. It is a shame, it is one magnificent ski. Remember, mount it at least 2cm forward.
I remember.

IIRC you thought +1 would be better in the 162, +2 in the longer lengths.
Am I mistaken


I will admit, I love the quality of the Hart product as much as I love the quality of the Blizzards. I'm anxious to see what Blizzard has at SIA this year. I hear that they are coming out with a great WS midfat
post #73 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
I remember.

IIRC you thought +1 would be better in the 162, +2 in the longer lengths.
Am I mistaken
Go +2.
post #74 of 108
Thread Starter 
Thanks Phil.
Look for my review when I get a chance to play with them more.

So, Bob.......you got that?
post #75 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
Go +2.
If she runs those VIST plates it'll be easy to play with that.

I voted Cheetah FWIW -
post #76 of 108


post #77 of 108
Thread Starter 
Are those yours?

Next question:
Do I use the poll results to choose the graphix?
Since Graphix don't rank highest on my priority........well, ya know.

New skis
post #78 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
You are taking her down Outhouse aren't you Chris?
Well, I suggested it and she said (and I quote)..... "Baaacaaawwkkk!"
post #79 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Well, I suggested it and she said (and I quote)..... "Baaacaaawwkkk!"
That was before ESA Aspen Snowmass. I have some new SkillZ!
post #80 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpfreaq View Post
Well, I suggested it and she said (and I quote)..... "Baaacaaawwkkk!"
as anyone on this site even seen a chicken?

post #81 of 108
Thread Starter 
^^^^^ that's a minute of my life I'll never get back

When I was doing the cornice at Abasin and Philpug said GO BIGGER! I went smaller, and he said he was going to change my username to Trekchick-en
post #82 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
That was before ESA Aspen Snowmass. I have some new SkillZ!
Most excellent!!! Will they be on display at Mary Jane anytime soon?
post #83 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
^^^^^ that's a minute of my life I'll never get back

When I was doing the cornice at Abasin and Philpug said GO BIGGER! I went smaller, and he said he was going to change my username to Trekchick-en
I've seen worse!

ShrekChick

Hey, can I change my vote to Pulse? Goes well with the green..
post #84 of 108
Thread Starter 
I can change the votes upon request but I am not inclined to do so.

I'm really surprised that the Cheetah graphix are in the lead. I really thought the pulse graphix would be blowing it away.
hmmmmmm
post #85 of 108
Thread Starter 
Pulling out of the driveway in a few hours for the trip to Colorado.........
Decisions decisions.......which one?
post #86 of 108
Trek:

I really like the graphics on the Pulse ...

So I was thinkin' ... if you purchased the 170 ...

After you've had your way with them, you could PM me when you want to sell this time next year !

RMP

Have fun in CO ....and be safe.
post #87 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barnes View Post
What???? Now that I've posted the links, all of the links in everyone else's posts seem to work for me too.

Sorry for the unnecessary duplication.

Best,
Bob
None of the links work for me, even the urls Trekkie posted. It looks like they are loading but they get stuck and stay that way. I read the whole thread anyway. I can see the Cheetahs in Rossi's picture with matching bindings. I guess I like the Cheetahs best.
post #88 of 108
TC,
+1 to Phil's thoughts about mounting skis 2 cm forward. I ski this in last year's 180's and Phil mounted them +1 cm. We moved them ahead another cm in Jackson Hole and they skied much better. Not sure what binding system your getting, but adjustable is a benefit for this ski.
PS - I like the new Pulse graphics waaaay better than last years.
post #89 of 108
I was checking out the Pulse graphics at Grand Sports in Winter Park today.

Meh.

Also checked out the K2 Extreme. I really like those graphics! The translucent sidewall that exposed the wood core is pretty cool too.
post #90 of 108
I met the hart crew to day and asked if they knew Bob Barnes. The response: "Bob who.?" Good bunch of guys and the 4d graphics definitely are sweeter in person than the photos. Pick one and don't look back. I tried to take a good shot with no luck.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › What kind of Hart goes into picking Graphix?