New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

right ski?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
had my bindings mountd and one ski had a sticker that said right ski!??? whats up with that? they serious?
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchunglava View Post
had my bindings mountd and one ski had a sticker that said right ski!??? whats up with that? they serious?
There is no difference between one ski and the other. The DIN may have been set slightly differently on each ski due to the tension of the springs in the bindings. Aside from that, racers tend to pay attention to right and left ski so that they can keep one set of edges sharper for competitions. If you're not worried about that, than it doesn't make any difference. Ski them however you want. Right, Left, it doesn't really matter. They're both just skis.
post #3 of 10
I have stickers underfoot on one ski in a set so that I rotate them to get equal wear. No, I don't measure the edge bevel to 0.000375, they just wear better that way.
post #4 of 10
Is the other ski WRONG?

Alternatively, do like snofun says - use the sticker so you swap them and get more even wear. Either swap them each day, or swap when you stop for lunch.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
i ripped that sticker right off it looked ghetto.! i just put whatever ski on whatever leg whenever and ski the hell out of em.

thanks guys its good to know it really doesnt make a difference.

i had never seen that before.
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchunglava View Post
i ripped that sticker right off it looked ghetto.! i just put whatever ski on whatever leg whenever and ski the hell out of em.

thanks guys its good to know it really doesnt make a difference.

i had never seen that before.
I like WTFH's suggestion - get a sticker that says "wrong". Should be good for liftline conversations.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchunglava View Post
i ripped that sticker right off it looked ghetto.!
WHAT!!!!

You could've sold them on newschoolers for twice what you paid!
post #8 of 10
my skis have graphics that line up with each other so I normally keep them on the same foot. When we have backyard sessions or just hiking the park, I put them on what ever foot because they are going to be taken off with in a couple of minutes
post #9 of 10
Just sayin here but aren't there some asymmetrical skis out there? Obviously, not an issue here but I am thinking of Scotty Bobs and aren't the Crossbows asymmetrical?
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum185 View Post
my skis have graphics that line up with each other so I normally keep them on the same foot.
Do you hit allot of tree's?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion