New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thumbs up to Alpinord

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I ordered some stuff friday from Terry and it arrived yesterday!
post #2 of 13
Yes, our little ski tuning area is becoming seriously well-equipped! Is there a discount for Quantity?
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_j View Post
I ordered some stuff friday from Terry and it arrived yesterday!
X2!
I ordered the Cinch Vise and it was back ordered and took Terry longer to get than he anticipated. He sent me emails and kept me updated on what was happening and then threw in some Maplus Universal Green and White wax because of the delay. Great service! A note on the wax. I tried the green this past Sunday. It seemed great and much more durable than the Hertel Super Hot Sauce I have been using. I will be making future wax purchases from Terry. Also, the Cinch Vise is fantastic.
post #4 of 13
x3! Great advice and prompt shipping on a recent order.
post #5 of 13
Similar experience here. We had an on-the-edge core shot that several shops had repaired only to have the repair rip out within 3-4 runs. Terry suggested we do a base weld repair with edge grip, sold us the materials and equipment, had it to us in short order, and provided a picture tutorial on how to do it. The repair is still holding 2 years later.

Terry's my hero!!

(I'm still mixing my Universal Green with my Hot Sauce for super cold days with stunning results!)
post #6 of 13
x4: Looking forward to my new Moonflex stone (should be here tomorrow)!

Waxing all my skis with Terry's Race Prep Blue mixed with Toko Moly. SUPER FAST in these cold, dry conditions.
post #7 of 13
Thanks all. Glad you got the stuff quick. USPS has definitely gotten faster over the past year. Bonni, you'll just appreciate your 'Tune Boy' even more now and that is priceless

I wonder what it'd take to get Volklgirl to omit the sauce and really ski fast on the RB Med (purple, actually), eh Dan.

Sorry for any delays over the last couple days (I was forced to be away at a wee gathering).
post #8 of 13

Support your LOCAL wax dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince F View Post
X2!
He sent me emails and kept me updated on what was happening and then threw in some Maplus Universal Green and White wax because of the delay. Great service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by volklgirl View Post
had it to us in short order, and provided a picture tutorial on how to do it.
This is the kind of service you will generally only get dealing with the owner/operator of a small business. There is a lot of noise here where I live about doing business locally and I appreciate that, and do, but I feel good about patronizing small businesses anywhere in America. It's the multi-national corporate monsters with their CEO'S, CFO'S, BOD'S, vice this and asst. that's, with expense accounts and luxury jets that are profit driven, service deficient and outsourcing offshore that I would rather not spend my money at. Not that I never buy anything from the cheap marts and warehouse stores but I try to keep it to a minimum. The Slidewrights, Racewax's, Tognars and all the small business's are the foundation of the country. Supporting them supports the whole house.

You have'nt been down at the local Lear jet dealer kickin' tires and lookin' at brochures have you Terry?
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cznskier View Post
You have'nt been down at the local Lear jet dealer kickin' tires and lookin' at brochures have you Terry?
I will be checking into helicopters and a pilot as soon as my Federal Bailout arrives.
post #10 of 13
This thread reminds me to tune up and wax my son's skis for Sunday, with stuff I got from Terry a few months back. I now need a dedicated sidewall cutter and the final cut base guide... Thanks Terry.

We are into our 3rd day of -25ÂșC spell, skiing doesn't sound interesting at all.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
I will be checking into helicopters ...
Of course, what was I thinking. Lear jet can't land in the bc!

I'm waitin' for one of these.......

http://www.moller.com/
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

I wonder what it'd take to get Volklgirl to omit the sauce and really ski fast on the RB Med (purple, actually), eh Dan.

Sorry for any delays over the last couple days (I was forced to be away at a wee gathering).
I know where she lives....you want that I should go over there and steel her Hot Sauce?

As for the Gathering........it was great meeting you.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cznskier View Post
I'm waitin' for one of these.......

http://www.moller.com/
Hmmmm.......a hover craft, with remote control, that will pick you up wherever you end up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
I know where she lives....you want that I should go over there and steel her Hot Sauce?
That would be just cruel. The withdrawals would be too painful and she might have to check into Betty Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
As for the Gathering........it was great meeting you.
You as well......finally. Keep the passion rolling, TC!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs