Seven days (so far) of hiking for turns, since the bullwheels stopped turning.
- topicEpicSki Gatheringstagged by System, 5/5/09
Related Forum Threads
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:19pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Aspen Gathering The Video Last post on 3/20/16 at 7:48pm in Trip Reports
- The 2016 Aspen Gathering - An Intermediate Skier's First Gathering Last post on 2/11/16 at 9:32pm in Trip Reports
- 2016 Aspen Gathering Trip Report Last post on 2/21/16 at 6:53pm in Trip Reports
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
So, how many days so far? - Page 11
What no Sat at Great Divide on 5/2?
I've gotten some post bullwheel days but I did get all 3 Silver Sats and 80+ overall so far this season.
Don't know if I'll get any post-bullwheel days. Had planned to, since it snowed a full meter after the close, but it's been summer-warm ever since, not so sure about snowpack.
Here's a thought for a thread: who skied with more Bears this season than total days skied?
Me, no way. My ratio is 44:1
I finished last Saturday at Whistler, so the final count is 45, and stacks up like -
13 - Whistler
4 - Steamboat
3 - Solitude
3 - Snowbasin
1 - Brighton
2 - Keystone
3 - Vail
1 - A-Basin
3 - Breckenridge
2 - Mt. Snow
1 - K-Mart
4 - Snowbird
5 - The Canyons
Maybe not the best year as far as conditions, although 2 Utah trips were off-the-charts good, particularly my last one from 3-9 April. As usual, Whistler tends to really SUCK as far as weather on a really regular basis, but I have a freebie going there, so I have to deal with it.
Not my fault - a buddy has a ski in-ski out house on Bear and he's been after me to stay there, he had some extra tickets, and I didn't have anything planned, so I figured it'd get the kids out of the house. Still it was a mistake (weekend of 28 March) - the usual - nasty, scratchy, overcrowded - K-Mart - the root canal of skiing.
Like the kids said at the end of the day- "now we remember why we don't do this anymore". Their week in SLC for the winter break was about 4 foot of blower pow. Life really is too short to ski K-Mart - I just have to remind myself every few years.
- So, how many days so far?
- › Summer is over......Back to Epic..... 1 minute ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 9 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 10 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 12 minutes ago
- › March trip to Europe from NYC. Chamonix? St. Anton? Other 17 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 47 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 49 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 59 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spittle & Nadine... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer