Originally Posted by HeluvaSkier
The Intuition compared to other Intuition liners is irrelevant - the space you had to fill was the space left by the stock liner, which is considerably larger than the space occupied by any Intuition liner that I am aware of. The stock liner on your boot is massive in the world of liners (especially the tongue). Because you're using a smaller liner than was intended with the boot - you have to pull the shell closer to your leg in order to get the response that you're looking for. I would certainly argue that there are better combination's available to you that will produce better control and fit, but it is your prerogative to patch up a boot setup that doesn't really work.
Actually the addition of the buckle does make the boot work...and I didn't need to buy new boots. Effectively, I moved the original top buckle up ~2" , the old top buckle does nothing except make it a little easier to buckle the boot.
I came-up with my fix after trying booster straps and still not being satisfied. I'm glad for those of you for whom the Booster Strap was your solutition.
I started this thread in case there are others out there w/my same problem. Granted it takes a little more time and mechanical ability to put together, I enjoy doing it. I can certinally understand why an off the shelf product will be more convient for some people(and work just as well). No solution will be perfect for everyone.