New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skier dies at Whistler

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
WHISTLER, British Columbia — A 47-year-old skier died after hitting rocks on a ski run at Whistler Mountain Christmas Eve, according to a report in the Vancouver Sun.
The Whistler resident was skiing on the upper section of the Dave Murray Downhill run — an area that was open to the public — when he went off the side of the run and struck some rocks, the newspaper said.
post #2 of 13
He who calls the tune pays the piper.
RIP
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
He who calls the tune pays the piper.
RIP
Isn't that?

If ya dance to da music, ya gotta pay it to the piper!
post #4 of 13
A sad sobering thought.
RIP, fellow lover of the slopes.
post #5 of 13
We sure seem to be a bit thin on feelings around here today.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
We sure seem to be a bit thin on feelings around here today.
I was not commenting on the incident, just the saying Ghost posted.

A terrible loss. tragic and horrible. No doubt!
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
A terrible thing to happen to his family, so close to Christmas.
I'll bet he was looking forward to another great season of skiing; then one mistake, in early season conditions, and it's all over.
From my point of view, 47 seems so young....
post #8 of 13
Unbelievably sad start to the season. Five in-bounds deaths already? Stay safe out there guys.
post #9 of 13
Truly tragic and painful for the family and all of those who loved and knew him. At least he was doing something that he loved to do. There are a lot of worse ways to go when your time is up.
post #10 of 13
You can never say this enough: Stay safe out there.

RIP
post #11 of 13
We're all going to die. If it happens doing something you enjoy and you leave with a smile, it's certainly better than getting hit by a car while crossing the road or having your body ravaged by cancer.

It's one thing to be careless and stupid but we can't be skiing scared either.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman View Post
I was not commenting on the incident, just the saying Ghost posted.

A terrible loss. tragic and horrible. No doubt!
As I said, RIP.

The saying is a reminder to all of us to have our fun, but consider our choices carefully and accept responsibility. I've called many a tune myself.

'Tis better to have skied and died than never to have skied at all.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
We're all going to die. If it happens doing something you enjoy and you leave with a smile, it's certainly better than getting hit by a car while crossing the road or having your body ravaged by cancer.

It's one thing to be careless and stupid but we can't be skiing scared either.

Very true. Security is mostly an illusion. I think Hellen Keller actually said that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion