New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marker iPT Piston Install

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
A quick question about installing the piston for a Marker 12.0 iPT binding. Should the piston be fully extended, or fully compressed when being installed (ie drilling the hole)?

Thanks.
post #2 of 11
I'd return them - and get some real bindings!!
post #3 of 11
NOT fully compressed! The piston has to compress when the ski decambers in a turn. I wouldn't have it fully extended either; you have to allow for some counter flex. How much, but some.

Edit find someone with a jig. Maybe someone will measure their jig and post the measurement for you. Here's hoping.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
I'd return them - and get some real bindings!!
Thank you for your insight

It is a moot point since they are going on a pair of Volkl TigerSharks so there really isn't an alternative.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
NOT fully compressed! The piston has to compress when the ski decambers in a turn. I wouldn't have it fully extended either; you have to allow for some counter flex. How much, but some.

Edit find someone with a jig. Maybe someone will measure their jig and post the measurement for you. Here's hoping.

Looking at them, it appears that they damp the rebound, which leads me to believe that they should be (fully?) extended with the ski unweighted. Question is fully or partially extended.

Hopefully someone has the answer at hand.
post #6 of 11
Not fully extended (the ski will rebound past the nominal static shape), but halfway strikes me as a good choice. There is a spec for this -- I've seen it referenced here before.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
Thank you for your insight

It is a moot point since they are going on a pair of Volkl TigerSharks so there really isn't an alternative.
Just having fun with ya - relax...
post #8 of 11
theres a paper pop-out jig for this included in the packaging of the the piston arm, unless you threw it out already.
post #9 of 11
There is a reference marker (no pun intended). I don't remember what the reference is, but the position isn't fully extended nor is it fully compressed.

Take it to a ski shop and have a Marker certified tech do it.

Dennis
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
theres a paper pop-out jig for this included in the packaging of the the piston arm, unless you threw it out already.
Your are right! It just wasn't obvious on the package (no markings or writing on it). It Simply looked like it was the way the cardboard packaging was cut.

All is good now.

Thanks.
post #11 of 11
Hi,
I just picked up a pair of AC40s. They came with the Marker ipt 12 motion binding but no piston. Is it possible to buy the piston separately. The toe piece has a small piece of plastic that snapped into place where the piston would go as well. It's then a matter of drilling the holes to attach the forward end of the piston. Where can I get the pistons????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs